· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, good to hear

Your going to love the AI SOL.

Congrats on the leek free plumbing set-up
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i was shocked- and man is that primer and cement for pvc a messy mess- and it staines everything lol.

but i was toying with the AI SOL and man i love it i might even fork the $200 for the upgrade to the vega eventaully-

tomorrow ill have the lght set up and everthing in the tank
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so now i have the tank up and running, it sounds like a darn toilet. i have researched this and this is cause because marineland made a crap overflow- how the 90 elbow inside the overflow has a small plastic air breather- after research this should be on the outside- aka durso- how ever i solvent welded a 90 elbow so i can not add a T coming from the back of teh tank- what to do? should just drill a 3/8" hole and stick my breather in that ?
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    Could you post a pic ?

I'm not to sure I understand how your current drain is set-up. Once we are able to get air/water mixture correct, it will be very silient
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    4.jpg

here is the pic- the breather is inside the tank in the overflow not outside like a durso

and it sound like a toilet like crazy- so loud i had to turn my return off for the night. could i make that hole bigger or place it on the outside elbow?
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    No need to change the fitting. It is likely just getting too much air. You can try putting a air line valve on it and every slowy restrict the air, maybe a 1/4 turn, wait 5 minutes to hear the results, and repeat until all the noise is gone

If that doesn't work let me know and there is a few more things we could try
    Last edited by Cliff; 03-23-2013 at 09:36 AM.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ill get some pics up in the morning-

how ever i tried what you said cliff and added the air valve from an old protein skimmer and just a little restriction made it surge in the overflow(water level goes up and down) do i took it off and just extended the hose- how ever it change the sound to a low pitch thump sound every couple seconds, but also cause the overflow water lvel to go up and down
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    What size is the drain line and what is the actual amount of flow you are trying to put through it?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the drain line is a 1" pvc solid pipe-90 degree elbow goes straight into the sump- the pump is a taam rio+ 2100 rated at 696 but taken in head and all it hsould be pushing around 400GPH- but seems more than my power heads so maybe 4-500

could i add an air pump into hat line and tune down the air pump?
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    here are some pics of the tank
    temporary_zpsd103c09e.jpg

temporary_zps92674e88.jpg
    temporary_zpsa4c4910f.jpg
    temporary_zpsf54ae579.jpg

btw how long do youy acclimate your coral to the LED most of the corals came from my 55G where they were close to my 150w mh and new corals come from a shop with leds
    Last edited by Hpimichael02; 03-24-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock