· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default tiger barb school?

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know what the optimal size school is. Currently there in a tank with 1 blue paradise gourami, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 cory cats ( going to get more), 1 pleco. There are currently 6 in the school.

0 Not allowed!
    The is no real upper limit to school size except for tank size and maintenance abilities. Consider that schools go by the thousands in the wild. Six is a good lower limit, but the upper number only is limited by what looks good in your eyes and how well you can keep up water quality with increased stock.
    If you are looking for recommendations from members then tank size, filtration and maintenance will be very helpful

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to madagascar. Plus they will be much less likely to nip in a larger school, which is good because you have some fish in there which are very prone to being nipping victims, eg. Gourami and cories.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would keep at least 6, so you are good with the minimum. In regards to the max, it all depends on fish tank and filtration like it was mentioned above. My 7 barbs swim happily in a 20g tall tank, they are 5 green tiger barbs and 2 albino tiger barbs. For the tank size that I have I would not add more since they need room for their full speed runs. Good luck!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    At least 3, although 5 is a better number for more activity, it would be more enjoyable for them as well. They ll leave the rest of your fish alone

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJW View Post
    Does anyone know what the optimal size school is. Currently there in a tank with 1 blue paradise gourami, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 cory cats ( going to get more), 1 pleco. There are currently 6 in the school.
    I had a school of 20 in a 55 gallon. I initially had them with other fish but decided to keep them by themselves. With tiger barbs it is recommended for species only.