· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Betta ^^

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok today i noticed his fin isback together but top one is torn a little 0.o this fish likes to tear its fins i think? Also i had to do 80% water change amonia spiked to 1ppm last night so fixed it up. Also Dose a moss ball benfit in any way? XD erm.. i woke up n found it in my tank my mom told me her friend gave me it XD lol oh Also i got some API stress Zyme+ it said it contains Live bacteria so was hoping it will helped only thing i could find that would help with bacteria in pet store ><. Also was curious dose a moss ball holds any bacteria? It is from n older tank in pet store from what im told >.>
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just a thought...what kind of plants and decorations do you have in the tank? I only use silk plants...easier on a betta's fins. Also, make sure there are no sharp edges on anything that he could catch his fins on. When I first got my betta he had a very short tail. I didn't realize he was biting his tail, possibly from the stress of the small bowl or being surrounded by all the other bettas- or, maybe he was just bored! Anyway, I had him in a bigger tank and added some aquarium salt because on one of the websites they said he might also have some early fin rot. I don't remember what dosage I used, maybe someone else here can help with that or you can do some research if you want to try this...just remember that you really have to keep up on the water changed because as water evaporates the aquarium slat ddoes not so it becomes more concentrated in the water. If he's just bored you could try changing the scenery outside his tank frequently or move his tank to be closer to the action. They are very interactive and appreciate being "involved" in things.
    As for the beneficial bacteria, I've used Tetra SafeStart with good results. Also, they like a temp around 80 I use a Hydor 25W Submersible Aquarium Heater.
    Last edited by Betta113; 03-24-2013 at 03:43 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i bought at 8 pack of plants it said "betta plants" but they arn`t silk he uslay just swims around them not threw them but that might be what it is im going to have to look into dif plants i think. I have them kind of grouped up but i left room for him to swim threw thinking incase he might snag himself but i uslay watch him most of the day n i never see him cut himself ot swim close enough to them to do so unless hes doing it at night time. crazy fish lol

i was looking at the tetra safge start and this one but i ended up trying api one XD it says umm this on it.

Stress Zyme Plus Biological Filtration Booster

Stress Zyme by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals helps improve the development of the biological filter, as well as cleaning a dirty aquarium. API Stress Zyme breaks down Organic Compounds that can cause dangerous conditions such as Ammonia and Nitrite poisoning and low oxygen levels.

Healthier Fish and Overall Water Quality
    Improve the Development of the Biological Filter
    Contains millions live bacteria to destroy gravel bed sludge
    Can be used in Freshwater & Saltwater Aquariums

A continuing use of Stress Zyme will assure an active biological filter, cleaner aquarium, healthier fish, and an overall good water quality. You do not have to keep this product refrigerated. StressZyme can be used in Fresh or Saltwater aquariums and when setting up or maintaining aquarium.
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 03-24-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    oh yeah he is currently makeing a bubble nest in coner of tank atleast i think thats what it is xD lol theres a huge mass of bubbles in the conerrr LOL he swims over to it all the time n displays non stop im looking at him going. ur not getting any girls sorry balls xD
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 03-24-2013 at 04:27 PM.