· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Betta ^^

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bethyMT View Post
    As far as impulse purchases go, I think we have all done it, and a good amount of us have done it with bettas(myself included, I now have six of them).
    I'm definitely guilty of the impulse buy...

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Me too...that's what started it all...1 betta in a 2 gallon tank. Now, he's in a 5 gallon with a heater and filter and plenty of decorations and attitude. I also have another 5 gallon with 3 white clouds (1 will be moving into a 12 gallon with some new friends soon). As far as a rainbow fish, I think it might be too colorful and make the betta think it's another betta and become aggressive towards it. Each betta has its own personality, so it might be possible but I wouldn't try it. If you do want to get some tankmates, try a tropical fish that's not too brightly marked and doesn't have any flowing fins. Also, make the betta the last addition so he won't be as territorial. Fish Compatibility Chart: http://www.recipeapart.com/freshwate...bility-charts/
    Last edited by Betta113; 03-20-2013 at 12:14 AM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i been keeping eye on levels n the ph is stable at about 6.5 now and ammonia is staying under .25 and nitrates been showing 0. i have noticed hes been acting like a crazy psycho again so i learned some signs about him xD heres some pictures of him.Also for rainbow tank i don`t plan on sticking any fish into that tank until it has been running for about 2 months because i plan on doing live plants in there too and want them to take n everything n have water stable as can be snice it will be a 65 gallon aquarium i been planning for it for months n been getting everything together for it slowly n should hopefuly be buying the tank this weekend so i figure it will probably have fish in it around june.

Pictures:

56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    "(1) Angelfish,,1 Zebra Nerite"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass
    10 Gallon with a betta,3oto

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    n yeah i was debateing if he could go in with rainbows because it says "femala betta" can but hes a boy so i didn`t think he would be ok with them snice they are yellow n blue n such oh well maybe i`ll get him a 10 gal in future n stick some dull colored friends or just let him be the king of his 5.5 gal lol
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, let him be the king of his own tank...I think rainbows will exhaust and scare your betta. I have a tank of boseman rainbows, and they are FAST when they want to be, and tend to always be moving. Also, the size and color of the rainbows will probably totally drown out your betta's beauty.

Keep up with your water testing/changes. Your fish is looking good, so you must be keeping your parameters in check. Once you've got this cycling thing under your belt, cycling the big tank will much less stressful. But make sure you do your research anyway!
    Beth
    1 - 55 gallon planted community
    3 - 10 to 20 gallon planted betta tanks
    My advice: slow down, think, and be willing to learn. Then you'll be fine, no matter what.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Agree with Bethy on the above. Did you know you could do a betta sorority (group of females)? I have not tried it but heard some people have make it work. Glad to her the betta is doing well...keep up the good work!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol i wasn`t planning on getting another betta because he keeps me plenty busy lol he gots such a fun personality n he lives right next to my comp n when i sit here he starts attacking himself in reflection of tank he only dose this when im sitting at comp xD he thinks he is king of the world. also everything has been stable so far so i been pretty happy about it XD im still checking water every day n such but its all around the same. One thing i did notice is one of his fins got cut somehow its like from the base all the way down. will this heal back up? Also tonight he is insane he trying to swim as fast as he can but fins are slowing him down XD
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 03-23-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Shredded fins will regrow as long as they don't develop an infection. Keep the water very clean and he'll be fine. Some torn fins can regrow an entirely different color, though.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cyberra or BethyMT...do you think the betta might benefit from aquarium salt?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I've never needed it... But I freely admit I don't know everything