· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Betta ^^

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i use spring water i buy those huge 5 gallon ones XD lol going to let it run for a bit then test it before i stick him back in also letting water warm up
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ph 6.4/ ammonia is about .50ppm now so much better XD floating him atm so he adjusts to water temp then i`ll put him back in.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

0 Not allowed!
    Remember...0.25 max. You need another 50% WC.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    should i change it agian already? or let him be for a bit? n im debateing if the test says .25 or .50 im stareing at the green xD lol

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    because it looks lighter then .50 but not as light at .25 idk 0.o

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Anything over the .25 ammonia is too much...you still need to get the levels below that, so you need to do another water change.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What filter are you using? Also, all fish constantly secrete ammonia, so you'll need to keep a close watch on the levels. As you had mentioned, be very careful with the feeding. My betta gets fed one pellet at a time so I know he is eating all of the food and there is nothing left to pollute the water.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i feed him 1 at a time he uslay eats 8 in 1 go >< also its under .25 now its not yellow for 0 but its not the light green for .25 so its under it now
    he is in this http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

and it comes with a top fin 10 filter in it which is this one:
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i plan on incressing him to a 10gallon or so in future if not bigger. just trying to get rainbow fish tank started plan on finally buying the tank this weekend snice i got most of the stuff then gota let it cycling n get plants in which will take month or 2 before i can stick a fish in it lol.just an idea would a betta get along with rainbow fish? i was planning on getting bosemani n such.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank you have really is just fine...5.5gal is enough. If you decide to upgrade, do it WAY after you've got your rainbowfish aquarium up and running. Right now, just focus on your betta and setting up the big tank.

You will need to check the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels on the betta tank every day, maybe even twice if you have high amounts. You can't skip a day. If the ammonia's at or above .25ppm, you'll have to do a water change. If you have nitrites at all, you'll have to do a massive change. Nitrates will tell you when your cycle is done...it might take a while.

As far as impulse purchases go, I think we have all done it, and a good amount of us have done it with bettas(myself included, I now have six of them). Let your liking of the fish be your motivator to cycle the tank properly and keep him healthy and safe. He needs you to take care of him, and you are certainly capable of learning how to do it.
    Beth
    1 - 55 gallon planted community
    3 - 10 to 20 gallon planted betta tanks
    My advice: slow down, think, and be willing to learn. Then you'll be fine, no matter what.