· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Betta ^^

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok test kit came in today i just noticed it didn`t come with water hardness test so im going to have to order that online too >.< atm tank is Ph 7.6,Amonia 2.0ppm,Nitrite no2 and no3 are 0ppm i started this tank on the 13th so its 5 days in with a happy betta XD i noticed i was feeding him to much i was reading 5-8 food 3x a day but he seemed like he was getting bloated so i made it 4-5 x3 a day on pellets if this is still to much please let me know XD
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ammonia is way too high! Anything over. 25 is not healthy for fish...you need to do a big water change immediately. Also, you can try SafeStart beneficial bacteria from Tetra.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    SafeStart gives the cycling a jump start by providing the bacteria that you would eventually get in your aquarium when it is fully cycled. You need to very closely monitor the water quality by testing all parameters (pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate) every day. Any time the ammonia is over. 25, since you are cycling with fish, you must do a water change immediately.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i cant get out to store till friday so all i can do atm is change the water i do have betta safe kit which lowers ammonia levels i`ll start changeing water daily n watch levels.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

0 Not allowed!
    Sadly, this is why you shouldn't impulse buy fish and tanks. A tank should be cycled before you stock it with fish. Your poor betta is being slowly scalded and burned by his own waste.

Huge water changes are the only ethical way to go from here on in.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i know very bad impulse buy but problem was my guinea pig died day before that from brain tumor n was depressed then i saw this guy n went blah n got him XD n yeah im putting betta Safe tablet thing in the water im useing to change it so hope it helps. i also uncovered the filter more too hopeing that helps. i have the filter covered with like a panty ho because he kept getting stuck on it >< its a 10 gallon filter in a little 5.5 gallon tank it came with it. btw am i feeding him to much? going to see if i can find somthing to stick around the filter to keep him away from it atm i just made the panty ho thinner by streching it n now its sucking better too so hopeing that will help it more.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    one question do i check the water after i change it? or the next day when i change it agian?

0 Not allowed!
    You should test the water before a water change - this will tell you how much water you need to change.

Live and learn - don't impulse buy again. The animal you buy is the one that suffers. We've all done it, I know. Tanks are far nicer when they are planned and carefully set up.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah not planning to do it agian its not worth it to the poor little betta i feel in love with hopefuly i can get this fixed for him.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i changed about 30% of the water btw im going to check how it is tomorrow on levels are.