· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Betta ^^

1. Default New Betta ^^

0 Not allowed!
    ok i went to pet store to get plant substration for the 65 gallon im making n found out petsmart by me dosen't carry it in store so i ended up walking by the beta n this guy caught my eye n well i ended up buying n tank n everything for him n my mom named him "balls" no clue why but i got a beta named balls now.. xD

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Very pretty little guy ^_^

Definitely an odd name, though >>

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

0 Not allowed!
    LOL odd name indeed, lovely fish
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok he now in a 5.5 gallon i disliked the 1 gallon he was in before because it had a under gravel filter that didn`t even seem like it worked any lol so now he has one with a top filter. i was wondering is there anything i can add in with him? or is he better off alone?
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    "(1) Angelfish,,1 Zebra Nerite"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass
    10 Gallon with a betta,3oto

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A 5.5 gal is still fairly small, so IDK what tankmates would be good except for maybe a snail. Also, you have to watch because some bettas don't like tankmates and will tear them apart. In my sorority tank, I've got a girl who rips snails to shreds and will tolerate nothing but her sisters in with her.

Check and make sure the filter is not creating a whole lot of current. Most longfin bettas don't like that. If there is a lot of water motion, you'll need to baffle the filter or put sponge over the outflow.

Also, good job for getting a bigger tank....a 5.5g is enough, and quite nice, for a lone betta. Do you know how you cycle it(fish-in cycle)? There are stickies all over the place if you need them. It is really easy to cycle a tank with these fish.
    Beth
    1 - 55 gallon planted community
    3 - 10 to 20 gallon planted betta tanks
    My advice: slow down, think, and be willing to learn. Then you'll be fine, no matter what.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 with all of the above - you don't by chance have a good test kit do you?

Cycling the tank for your betta will require you to keep track of your water parameters so you know when to change the water. Using the local pet store to do that for you isn't advised because they tend to use test strips which aren't very reliable or accurate. The API freshwater liquid kit is usually recommended.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cycling is change 25-50% of the water right? n yeah im working on trying to make the filter weaker XD i put him in there n went omg! he was being blown all over so atm i unplugged it for now.he loves it so much in this new tank and im ordering water test kit on friday when i get paycheck.the pet store told me to use this Beta Safe kit which i stuck the tablets into it for now. until i can get test kit.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok since it was a new tank i was told to use these Betta Safe Kit n to put 2 of them into this 5.5 gallon which would make it safe for him which im hoping i was told correctly sometimes pet store staff don`t know alot.Also i don`t have money for test kit till friday when i get paycheck so i hope he will be ok for now?
    anyways i was told to use this n n that makes it safe for betta to be in.i also added in water from 1st tank he was in + what he came in into the tanks as i went.
    this is the product they told me to use on tank before putting fish in:
    http://www.petco.com/product/118197/...t=OnSiteSearch

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i never knew betta's was this crazy xD lol i went to clean some left over food (the ones he gave up chasing that hit the ground) out of his tank today with a net n once i got all the extra food in the net he swims into it n starts eating it. so i was stuck lol he was laying in the net eating food out of it was rather funny.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    ^_^ Bettas can be quite crazy. I describe them as "bundles of fins, curiosity, insanity, and attitude"

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act