· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default frozen food shock...

0 Not allowed!
    so a local pet shop in my area decided to get a massive freezer jam packed with loads of different frozen foods. blood worm, brine shrimp, krill plankton.... then they had packs of food for salt water... marine delites, marine multipack... and some fresh water multi packs (horrid rip off btw) it seems they give you 4 different foods (for the same volume as non multipacks) for twice the cost...

any ways the question... i decided to throw some variety at my bushfish and gourami. whats the difference between the marine foods and f/w foods?

lately it seems my bushfish is ignoring the brine shrimp and only going after the blood worm (i think its because those worms are bigger) so i bought him some krill (i think cant remember and im not home tonight) which looked bigger.... any other frozen foods you can suggest? i saw some weird brine shrimp that i think were super fed sprinula... i think i might try those later....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Other than the salt content, I have not noticed much difference in froozen foods for marine and freshwater, but that could be more due to the brands that I buy. I also buy the ones with no additives and then add my own vitamins to the foods.

Brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and blood worms are all good choices. I don`t feed krill anymore as I feel it is a lower quality food to offer. You should be able to find larger mysis shrimp if your fish like bigger pcs of food to eat
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

0 Not allowed!
    where can i find these vitamin additives for frozen foods? im worried, since he is still refusing pellets, that my bush fish will be lacking of nutrients. thats why im was looking to add a super variety of foods to help compensate.
    hmm i didnt know krill was a lower quality food... i feel bad i bought it now lol
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    I would not worry too much about the krill. Use it up as he is eating it

I use the below additive for FW and SW frozen foods. You can get them on-line from many different places.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/revi...marin-m&cat=14

As I only feed frozen food to my freshwater fish once a week, the vitamin additives are not all that important for them as they would be getting that from their pellet foods. If you going to feed frozen foods to your fish a lot more often then that, it might be a good idea to find a vitamin addative made for fresh water fish, maybe something like the below:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...98&pcatid=4998

I have never used that product but you might want to look into it, I just used that one as a example
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    ill look into that. hopefully im going to place a big order to petmountain tomorrow, and add that vita chem to it... seems like a small price to pay to make my fish happier/healtheir. he tries to eat my catfish pellets but they are a tad too large for him so i think when hes a bit bigger i will be able to get him on some carnivore pellets
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    just wanted to give an update on my fish. its only been about 2 weeks but ive been seeing a great improvement in both my gourami and bush fish. its hard to tell if its because of the vitamins or if its because they are eating 50% pellets (omega one micro pellets atm) and frozen foods with vitachem in them.... either way my bush fish is filling out nicely looks healthier than before (and thats hard to say cause he looks pretty healthy before too...) gotta say its the best few bucks ive spend for my fish. i would recommend it to any one feeding with a high portion of frozen foods like i am....
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear your guys are doing well, thanks for the up-date