· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    here are some pics. it is much cloudier than is shown in the pictures. I apologize for the flash. could it just be with the light on that it looks this way? Mike Ramsey posted some pictures of his 72 gallon bow front - my tank looks just like the ones with his light on.

1362886043665.jpg1362886116320.jpg1362886178535.jpg
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you medicating anything?
    I notice when/if I've used a few meds, there are random bubbles associated with that?

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    no meds. will be doing 30 % water change today, maybe that will make a difference.
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Did 30 percent PWC on Sunday. Also raised the water level about 1/4 inch above the bottom of the top frame. A lot less bubbles and the water seems much clearer.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Had the filter been cleaned before? If not it could be that the flow had been reduced to a low flow and with the cleaning went back to full flow and causing a lot of current thus kicking up sand and maybe causing the bubbles.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Did 30 percent PWC on Sunday. Also raised the water level about 1/4 inch above the bottom of the top frame. A lot less bubbles and the water seems much clearer.
    Try to keep the surface water level at or above the bottom lip of the return spillway of your AC filters. This will generate more water surface movement which will improve gas exchange and fewer bubbles. Any time the water surface level drops below the lip of the return spillway, there will be less water surface movement and more bubbles below the surface.

LOL..I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try to do a better job of explaining.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Try to keep the surface water level at or above the bottom lip of the return spillway of your AC filters. This will generate more water surface movement which will improve gas exchange and fewer bubbles. Any time the water surface level drops below the lip of the return spillway, there will be less water surface movement and more bubbles below the surface.

LOL..I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try to do a better job of explaining.
    Makes perfect sense. I did raise the water level when I did the PWC on Sunday. I think it is right at the bottom of the spillway (I will check when I get home from work), as I now have very few bubbles and the water is much clearer. Also, the flow is not quite as strong (I can tell by how much my plants move and sway). Fortunately, there is hardly any evaporation (maybe 1/8 inch a week) so the water level will remain constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Limming View Post
    Had the filter been cleaned before? If not it could be that the flow had been reduced to a low flow and with the cleaning went back to full flow and causing a lot of current thus kicking up sand and maybe causing the bubbles.
    One of my 2 AC110s is cleaned each week (right one this week, left one next week) - so each one is cleaned every 2 weeks. They are not very dirty when I clean them (sponges and housing). A couple months ago I did stir up the sand quite a bit and noticed the reduced flow. At that time the sponge was very dirty.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 03-13-2013 at 05:12 PM.