· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default My Chemi-Pure Elite review. [Video]

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, guys.

This stuff is AWESOME. Within 12 hours my tank went from slightly cloudy water, to crystal clear water. I mean, I thought my water was clear before.... but now...Wow...

I still have some microbubbles, but those are slowly subsiding. Now that I have seen what Chemi-Pure Elite can do, my definition of "crystal clear water" has been changed.

Take a look at my video to see the "after results."

Watch in HD!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    neat video.

how often do you have to replace this stuff?
    I'm gonna give this a try! but i'm currently only dealing with tannins as i've added in new wood. so nothing major.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank View Post
    neat video.

I'm gonna give this a try! but i'm currently only dealing with tannins as i've added in new wood. so nothing major.

Thanks for the review, Allen. I'm trying it to get rid of the diatom's in my 90 gal. Can't get rid of them after over 6 months. Just started using 2 weeks ago. Cliff swears by it BTW. The instructions state each treatment lasts for 6 months, however, I've been told to replace them every 1 - 2 months for best results.
    This is not a commercial but if you're interested in using CP Big Al's had full units of chemi pure elite on sale as of today for $9.39. that's REALLY cheap. My LFS sells them for $28.00 per unit. Pet smart sells them for $18.00. If you order $75.00 in product from Big Al's shipping is free. Just saying
    Last edited by fishmommie; 03-10-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for that!
    I'm about to do my quarterly order off amazon and will prob throw this in for fun. lol (found it there for like 11/12 bucks)

my concern is the "keeps pH at safe range" does that mean it alters the pH?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    neat video.

I'm probably going to leave it in there until I notice that the water is beginning to get back cloudy. The whole "it lasts 6-8 months" is relative, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post

Thanks for the review, Allen. I'm trying it to get rid of the diatom's in my 90 gal. Can't get rid of them after over 6 months. Just started using 2 weeks ago. Cliff swears by it BTW. The instructions state each treatment lasts for 6 months, however, I've been told to replace them every 1 - 2 months for best results.
    This is not a commercial but if you're interested in using CP Big Al's had full units of chemi pure elite on sale as of today for $9.39. that's REALLY cheap. My LFS sells them for $28.00 per unit. Pet smart sells them for $18.00. If you order $75.00 in product from Big Al's shipping is free. Just saying
    No problem! Were the 11.74oz units $28 and $18? If so that's expensive. I got it for like $12 at Petland. I think they sell different sizes, but Petland only offered the size I purchased.

Thanks for that!
    I'm about to do my quarterly order off amazon and will prob throw this in for fun. lol (found it there for like 11/12 bucks)

my concern is the "keeps pH at safe range" does that mean it alters the pH?
    I'm not sure, I am assuming it will help maintain your current level. Nothing I have read about it has specified exactly what that means. My PH is always 8.3 before the lights go out. I am about to test right now to see what it is before the lights come on. I didn't perform this test prior to using CPE. Wish I did, though.

0 Not allowed!
    Your water would have to be reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy bad shape for chemipure to remove enough heavy metals out of the water to see a change in your pH

I started using chemipure in my FW tank a while back to remove silicates out of the water as I have silicates in my tap water. It works really well for keeping diatoms out of my tank

I also use it in my marine tanks as a preventative measure.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I heard that CPE removes organics needed to sustain plant life. Is this true?

0 Not allowed!
    I would not think it would remove a large enough amount to be impactful in anyway

As you can tell by the below pic of my tank, having chemipure in there did not seam to have any impact on my plants

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Man that's a good looking tank. Do you have a build thread for it?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    great to know about the pH, my water is in really good condition, minus the stupid tannins. lol

but we'll try it out. I can't wait! I thought my water was really clear until i'm seeing your all's and that is just crazy cool