· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default New Era brand fish food.

0 Not allowed!
    Over the last few years I have tried various types and brands of food, I have settled on mostly using Nutrafin Max products despite the extra cost.

Being back at uni and buying my books i can't afford my regular brand and went down to the LFS today they had a new brand called New Era and it came in a number of flakes, pellets granules etc. I bought a smaller container and thought I would give it a go, I needed food for my new albino cories, and wow I wanna know whats in this food, apart from feeding live blackworms i have never seen any of my fish eat so vigorously, Usually my cories continue with their day when I feed and just 'stumble' across the food. But with this stuff in a 5x2 footprint tank they actively hunted the pellets and chased the rummy nose away. The guy at the store gave me some pleco logs from the same brand so i gave those a go and the male bristlenose is protecting it like he is guarding eggs. Has anyone used this brand before and got similar reactions out of their fish?
    6ft Australian Fresh water turtle tank - 2 macleay river turtles, numerous guppy at varying stages of development.

5ft 150gal planted discus tank - 8 discus, 10 cardinal tetras, 10 rummnose, 6 albino cories, and breeding RCS in tank sump and just about everywhere everything done from scratch, filtration and stand tank
    journal @
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=101658

0 Not allowed!
    I have tried there marine pellets a few times and found them to be accepted well by my marine fish. Seams to be a OK food. I never got the reaction as you did.

Good to hear your fish love it
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    This food looks pretty good and doesn't have ethoxyquin like so many of the recommended brands. I would like to try feeding this food to my fish, gotta get them to start selling here. Here is some information about it. http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/fish-food
    Last edited by mommy1; 03-06-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks to wacck.!
    Excellent post about pet fish products, helpful site. The pet becomes a member in our life and we want to give them everything they need to live a healthy and happy life. It is the best place for online discussion where we can discuss about pet products, pet foods and more.

0 Not allowed!
    hmmm...I hope the composition list on the container is a bit more enlightening than this:

Composition

Fish and Fish Derivatives, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Oils and Fats, Algae, Minerals, Molluscs and Crustaceans.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    There is also this information about the food, again from their website, http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/f...ichlid-pellets
    Analytical Constituents
    Protein 47.5%, Inorganic Matter 20%, Moisture 19%, Fat Content 10.1%, Fibre 0.50%.

Additives
    Sensory Additives: Astaxanthin 50mg/kg.
    Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 10,000iu/kg, Vitamin D3 2,000iu/kg, Vitamin E 200iu/kg, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 417mg/kg, Manganous Oxide 313mg/kg, Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 297mg/kg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 7.9mg/kg, Sodium Molybdate 6.4mg/kg, Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 2.4mg/kg, Sodium Selenite 0.2mg/kg

There is really no reason to wonder, I emailed them some questions about availability and they replied quickly. If you have questions why don't you contact them instead of wondering.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.