· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Exclamation Can different size fry co exsist?

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know if it is safe to put 1 week old platy fry in the fry tank with 1 month old platy/swordtail hybrid fry? Another problem is the 1 week old fry are in a HOB breeder box that they were born in and the problem is that there is callamanus worms in the tank but the one month old fry were born from the mother that was in that infected tank as well so the older one might be infected as well and i am going to treat all my tanks with levamisole tomorrow so they would be getting medicated in there if i move them to the fry tank or if they stay in the 20 gallon community tank in the HOB they would get medicated as well. I also need that breeder box cuz i have two other females that are gonna drop any day as well. So if you were me would you move the 1 week old fry in with the 1 month old or not? I hope someone has some advice for me!!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have ten fry about a month older than the other 30 fry. i havnt observed the bigger fry attacking or chasing the smaller fry. the bigger ones hog the food a bit though so i now feed in two corners

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The larger fry are very likely to push the smaller fry out of the food and therefore inhibiting their growth, feeding in numerous areas of the tank like Phisher said is probably the only way you could get round it but even still there is a chance the 1 week fry will grow very slow.

Also in terms of the treating your 1 month old fry should be able to withstand the medication but its hard to tell how the 1 week fry will cope, you might find high deaths, check the dosing instructions on the medication, it often will give you a dose safe for fry :)
    75 Litre (20 Gallon) - 5 Harlequins, 6 Cories, 2 Golden Barbs, 1 Glowlight, 2 Red Wag Swords (Male and Female), 4 Otos

113 Litre (30 Gallon) - Empty (Waiting to build a stand before i use it)

60 Litre Hex - Empty

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The medication is pretty safe and the newer batch have already been exposed to the med since they were born into the tank i was treating. The medication is levamisole hcl. I did end up putting them together like maybe a week ago and everything seems alright. When i feed them i use the toothpick method and i do the twice and different sides of the tank 3 times a day and they all seem to get enough to eat except for two, they are either belly sliders or are just the runts. Im not sure which. If they are belly sliders they won't survive right?!

0 Not allowed!
    Platies are pretty non aggressive fish. All the fry should be fine together. Please change your font to a more standard type.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im on my web browser on my cell phone and all the text looks normal to me. Everyone's posts has the same text, even mine so i don't know what you mean. Is this posts text different?

0 Not allowed!
    Yes it is, thank you.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff