Hybrid View

1. Default Help ID new baby pleco

0 Not allowed!
    Just as the title says:
    Sold as a BN pleco.
    Wanting to verify for curiosity!

2013-03-04_19-21-07_489.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    It almost looks more like a gold nugget pleco to me.

Google some gold nugget pleco pics to see if that is what he is
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Whew...Cliff, I thought I was crazy when the spots started to develop in QT that it may be that L18 (gold nugget) but I thought no way that mix up would occur.

It has the same patterns starting to develop, but the spots/gold pop of the spots aren't there yet to confirm.
    It is loving the driftwood like you wouldn't believe.

0 Not allowed!
    From what I have read, gold nuggets also like the odd meaty foods as well. You might want to try offering some blood worms once in a while as well
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I am far from a pleco expert, but in my opinion it just looks like any juvenile bristlenose I have seen in a fish store before. the white rim should fade with age.
    Of course I have never seen a gold nugget fry before so there always is a possibility you got yourself more than you bargained for...

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I guess we'll give him/her some time to color up and see what happens.

I could only dream that it was a mistake and I got a gold nugget....talk about return on a fish.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    !or maybe you have 5 gold nugget's and you are in for a surprise? haha. just kidding.
    That would have been awesome for this to have been a mistake, but oh well.
    I'm glad the ID is confirmed though for a BN :)
    can't wait for him to grow and add those unique features of his bristles

0 Not allowed!
    Looks to me like a juvi of Ancistrus dolichopterus based on the two-coloured backfin and tail (even though they are a bit ragged).

Max length of about 5 inches as opposed to the foot long L018 or golden nugget.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see the yellow edge to the fin or tail that would make me think gold nugget, but it looks like a small BN to me.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys!
    I'll see how he colors up with age and adjustment to his new environment. That picture was from about an hour after I transferred him from QT to my 40b.