· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default biocube 29 stocking questions

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, this is my first thread. I got a biocube 29 for christmas and was wondering what would work well in there as a reef tank. I have it fully cycled and currently have an azure damsel and a saddle blenny. I'll probably get rid of the saddle blenny though. this is what i would like to have in the tank 1 azure damsel, 2 firefish, 1 six line wrasse, 1 ocelaris clown. anything that would do better or any other suggestions would be helpful. This is also my first saltwater tank and easier fish would be better.

0 Not allowed!
    Based on the info you have provided, the only fish that might not work is the damsel, but I think it might to worth a try. You would just have to keep a close eye on him and see if he becomes aggressive. A lot of blennys can out grow a 29 gallon bio-cube so I think you already have a good idea to re-home him latter on.

Depending on how you have your bio-cube set-up (live rock, skimmer,...... and so on), you could look into some of the different types of cardinals like the Longspine Cardinalfish (Zoramia leptacantha) or the Yellowstriped Cardinalfish (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma). I have never kept them, but I have read up on them and I would think they would work in your set-up.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, Its a saddle blenny and from what i've read this species will not out grow the tank. would this list work
    1 saddle blenny
    1 azure damsel
    1 sleepre banded goby
    1 six line wrasse
    1 ocellaris clown fish
    would this work?

0 Not allowed!
    I would stick with smaller fish if I was you

The sleeper goby can get as big as 6 inches. If you are planning a good amount of rock in your aquarium (which I would highly recommend) he my not be to comfortable in there.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, what about a transparent cave goby

0 Not allowed!
    I had to google that one, never heard of them before

Based on what I read it looks like they would work in a 29 gallon cube tank. Cool looking fish to

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    could I do a second azure damsel instead of the clown, what wold work out better?

0 Not allowed!
    I would not recommend trying it.

Having two territorial and semi-aggressive fish in a small tank will be risky

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea the damsel will become aggressive. I had a black/white damsel beating up my yellow and blue tang... this was in a 240g tank. When it was small no big deal bit as it grew he became highly territorial
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!