· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Sadly no updates to report; the wood has still not sunk. I dont want to screw it down to tiles so I am waiting ever so patiently.

I am also using the time to really consider what I want my "tank future" to be...there are species I have kept in the past which I would really like to re-keep. Some of my current species I am kind of done with for awhile. I have considered selling all of my present stock at the old house except for my male Rotkeil and O. Still unsure of this but it has definitely been a thought on the front of my mind the last week or so.

I am also considering what tank scapes and species I would like to have. I am oddly excited about a tank the SO has requested...which is a goldfish aquarium. Somewhat of an oddity for me...however I have been eyeballing a specific ADG goldfish layout and I have grown to really wish to recreate my own version on a slightly smaller scale. Here is the tank which has sucked me in:
    http://theaquaticgazette.files.wordp...pg?w=604&h=302
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    I have seen that tank before and always quite liked the simpilicty -- however I'd been inclined to go for a nice big shoal of tetras or rasbora instead of goldfish myself. The goldfish DO look stunning in that layout tho, bu far the nicest goldfish tank I've ever seen.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh Id personally prefer another form of cyprinid, however the SO has always kept goldfish and kind of enjoys the nostalgia of them. It is only fair to incorporate a goldie tank into the mix...however there wont be a bubbling volcano or giant palm tree in this scape
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    ...however I have been eyeballing a specific ADG goldfish layout and I have grown to really wish to recreate my own version on a slightly smaller scale. Here is the tank which has sucked me in:
    I really like the rock\hard scape. Love the simplicity as well. It's my kind of style..less the goldfish. But I understand the goldfish are a given in your situation.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Aye the goldies are a must...but that is OK for me. I mean I get to have every other tank in the house be 100% to my specification and *caugh* most of the house decor and design was my idea so...it is a very small sacrifice

In AWESOME news...I gave up and attached the wood down to tiles...I am going to completely scape and plant the thing tomorrow.

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to some pics when you have it scape'd
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Went over to the old house and pulled plants out of the 100G. I got a huge clump of vals, needle leaf, and some very large A.barteri. I also packed home some small river stones...should be productive

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is scaped and running properly. I will post photos in the next day or two once the water is clear and bubbles are gone

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!

Still has a lot of growing to do, I also need to order a bulb to increase the lighting. As of right now it only has a single 65watt 10K bulb going. The fixture I had in store had an actinic bulb...probably going with a 6500K/10K combo again. I still need to get off my arse and put a background on there. I must say these column tanks do offer much more space for fish than I had originally thought and they are super easy to scape. Offers much of the cube tank look without being a total pain to scape.

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    That is spectacularly good!

Honestly, you should do 'scaping competitions.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~