· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Cichlid Tank Conversion!

0 Not allowed!
    This begins my tank conversion from a planted community tank to a Mbuna Cichlid tank. Heres my current setup:

75 Gallon
    -Biowheel Emperor 400
    -AquaTech 30-60
    -Single T8
    -Current USA Freshwater LED Plus 48-60
    -Two Air Stones
    -Eheim 300W Heater
    -5x Mollys, 5x Giant Danios, 1x Pearl Gourami, 1x Ghost Shrimp

29 Gallon
    -Biowheel Pengiun 200B
    -Single Air Stone
    -MarineLand LED
    -Generic 100w Heater
    -1x Male Betta

Here is what Im planning:

Im going to move the betta to a 10 gallon I have already setup. Then all but the Danios will be moved to the 29 gallon. The Danios will go to a friend because they are too big. Im going to move the Aquatech 30-60 to the 29 gallon, and the Penguin 200B to the 10 gallon. This will leave room for an Eheim 2217 Canister Filter to work in conjunction with the Biowheel 400 on the 75.

I plan on changing the blue gravel substrate to white sand. I cant decide on what rock to use, but I like the holey rock. Just need to see if I can find it at a reasonable price.

I plan on stocking 15-18 Mbuna, probably 5 males and the rest female.

Ill also move all the plants from the 75 to the 29. Im looking at this light: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BH9NL2/...I2CV3ZASGGMFZ4

Any suggestions for or against this light? Of course any suggestions on anything would be greatly appreciated : )

Here's a couple pictures of my two tanks as they sit today:
    IMG_2526.jpgIMG_2499.jpg

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I made some new purchases last night! I got a glass canopy for my 10 gallon and for my 29 gallon. Also got a new Eheim 75W heater for the 29 gallon and a new digital thermometer. If the thermo turns out to be accurate and quality, I will order two more for the other tanks. I'm thinking about this light for my 29 gallon planted:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VG-26-Timer-...item8021b3a026

Any thoughts?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK twas a big day . A new light for the 29 gallon. I bought a Coralie two bulb t5 off craigslist. After I got that setup, I transferred all the plants from my other tank to the 29 gallon along with the Aqua-Tech 30-60. My current stock list:

1x Opaline Gourami
    2x Ghost Shrimp
    3x Mollys
    2x Balloon Mollys
    3x Peppered Corys
    2x Emerald Green Corys

And heres a couple pictures of everyone getting all settled in:
    IMG_2551.jpgIMG_2548.jpg

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Last night I changed the substrate in the 75 gallon to black sand. I used 'Black Diamond' blasting abrasive. heres a pictureIMG_2571.jpg

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After the substrate settled and the water clearered, I added my first cichlids. A breeding group of Yellow Labs. I won't be adding anymore until the canister filter is put in, but for now I think it looks pretty good. I still want to change the background to an all black one, and ill probably do that today. Heres a pic with the new fish IMG_2576.jpgIMG_2580.jpg

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good so far.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    I agree^^^^ but you need way more rock in the tank for Africans. They need hiding spots especially breeding pairs.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update:
    I ordered an Eheim 2217 that will be here Monday, and also a UV sterilizer to the return line. I traded two of the labs for a Demasoni, and then purchased a Red Zebra from my LFS. Also added two small (1") Super Red Bristlenose Plecos that will grow up to be really cool. Looking to add a male Blue Ahli, and maybe a blue dolphin early next week, and get rid of a couple more labs. Heres the demasoni IMG_2623.jpg

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also added some more rocks (temporary). Going to buy about 100 pounds of holey rock from ntholeyrock.com soon. just saving up for it. heres a pic of the whole tank as it sits nowIMG_2605.jpg

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    And just for an update on the planted tank since I mentioned it in the beginning:
    IMG_2642.jpg