· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe check online stores? I'm planning on stocking my 10 gallon tank with 2-3 Desert Gobies and a small school of maybe 8 - 12 Phoenix Rasbora. I haven't found a place to buy the gobies online but if you check out franksaquarium.com he has a WIDE selection of hard to locate, rare, wild caught fish including many micro species.

For your tank I'd go with a school of pygmy cories, maybe 8 - 12 and a small school of micro rasbora, tetra or other micro. I really do advise checking out franksaquarium.com his selection is amazing.
    Last edited by Gesp56; 03-02-2013 at 10:56 PM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    no on the dwarf puffers, I wouldn't recommend them in a tank that size.

if you don't want a "typical" tank, then get a bigger one and stock it?
    10gallons limit you drastically.

0 Not allowed!
    if you don't want a "typical" tank, then get a bigger one and stock it?
    10gallons limit you drastically.
    + to this. Sorry. Unfortunately 10g just isn't a lot of space!

Does anyone remember that big thread of all the "Unique 10g" ideas? That would be handy right now.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vafa View Post
    how about
    4 endler
    8 neons
    (neons can go with endler right)
    if they can't then just 6 endler
    what about this, i let go the other ideas

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapar56 View Post
    Maybe check online stores? I'm planning on stocking my 10 gallon tank with 2-3 Desert Gobies and a small school of maybe 8 - 12 Phoenix Rasbora. I haven't found a place to buy the gobies online but if you check out franksaquarium.com he has a WIDE selection of hard to locate, rare, wild caught fish including many micro species.

For your tank I'd go with a school of pygmy cories, maybe 8 - 12 and a small school of micro rasbora, tetra or other micro. I really do advise checking out franksaquarium.com his selection is amazing.
    i don't like ordering online because i am usually not home.
    and if i am not, the fish will die

0 Not allowed!
    You could def do one Dwarf Puffer in the 10g, but that really limits your options.

If you get a Puffer, you can put 3 or 4 Oto's in as well. MOST people (including myself) have had success with those two species. That's pretty much the only thing you could put in there with it.

The Puffer will need a very densly planted tank. They get bored easily, and the planted tank will provide a way for them to vent their curiosity.

Also, be SURE to have a good supply of snails or other LIVE food. Puffers are quite picky. The only thing I could get mine to eat were snails, though others have had success feeding blood worms and shrimp.

Rule of thumb for Dwarf Puffers -- 1 per 10g, but even that is a bit risky once you get into multiples.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    after researching a bit i am going with the endler and neon idea.
    thanks for all your help guys!!!!
    also correct me if im wrong.
    and all the fry are going to end up as food in my 20 because i can't keep them.

0 Not allowed!
    Why don't you go all Endlers instead? BTW what are the dimensions of the tank?

0 Not allowed!
    I recommend all neons or all endlers, keeping both in a ten will be a little cramped.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they'll be happier and healthier in 1 school
    not 2 smaller ones.