· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Exclamation Anyone know the dosage for LEVAMISOLE HCL powder form?

0 Not allowed!
    So i recieved in the mail today 10grams of LEVAMISOLE HCL in like powder form, it looks like salt almost but my question is how do i know the correct dose of the medication for a 20 gallon community tank? I also have a 5 gallon and 1 gallon baby fry tank but im not sure if the fry and 5 gallon tank are infected. I read a site that says like take a 1/4 teaspoon and put that into 10 equal piles and each pile is for 10 gallons but that really doesnt make sense or seem like enough. I dont have a gram scale or anything, just basic things like tea/tablespoons and medicine syringes. I hope someone out there has a better way of dosing this stuff, the person i got it from said 10grams will dose a 20 gallon tank 5 times but that didnt really help much. Also, how long does it take for the med to kick in and what are the signs that it is working? My fish thank you for your help!!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use 1/2 tsp. per 20 gallons of water. This information is originally from Simplydiscus.com.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kudd187 View Post
    So i recieved in the mail today 10grams of LEVAMISOLE HCL in like powder form, it looks like salt almost but my question is how do i know the correct dose of the medication for a 20 gallon community tank? I also have a 5 gallon and 1 gallon baby fry tank but im not sure if the fry and 5 gallon tank are infected. I read a site that says like take a 1/4 teaspoon and put that into 10 equal piles and each pile is for 10 gallons but that really doesnt make sense or seem like enough. I dont have a gram scale or anything, just basic things like tea/tablespoons and medicine syringes. I hope someone out there has a better way of dosing this stuff, the person i got it from said 10grams will dose a 20 gallon tank 5 times but that didnt really help much. Also, how long does it take for the med to kick in and what are the signs that it is working? My fish thank you for your help!!
    Forgot the dose schedule - once a week for 3 weeks, with at least an 80% water change before dosage. It should work immediately, but you should retreat for 3 weeks, since there are eggs still in the water. When you do your water change, vacuum substrate thoroughly too.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I did manage to get a gram scale and weighed out 5 grams and i mixed that with 10 tablespoons of water and then mix it up and then each 1 tablespoon of that liquid treats 10 gallons. I dose about a week ago and after i did a large water change and my fish bottom sat for a day and now are getting more active. The only fish that showed worms isn't anymore but i netted her and very gently squeezed her tummy and two pale worms came out and Im not sure if they were moving or not since they are really small so i hope that means its working and the fish are pooping normally now. Only thing that worries me is two females are a week past their 28 days of dropping their fry and Im don't know it is because of the worms or what and i hope they do and i can see the fry inside and they look pretty full grown. Does anyone know why the have not dropped them yet? Also i was told to treat once every three weeks or is it better to treat once a week. I did take the carbon out but i put a new cartridge in cuz the carbon is sealed in the filter so does anyone know carbon removes the levamisole or not.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Carbon removes all chemicals in the water. If you are using a cartridge take it out and replace with floss until the fish are free of worms. I would redose your tank since the carbon too all the meds out.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When i dosed it for three days i didn't have any carbon in the filter cuz i cut a hole in the top and dumped it out but it was really starting to fall apart and would get plugged really quick! My filter is marineland penguin bio-wheel and i looked for filters i could kind of make like tetras filters or even look for different ones that would fit mine but i didn't find any since my filter seems to just fit one and one only and they aren't cheap either! So should i treat with levamisole every week or just once every three weeks? I also have some fenbendazole that i tried first but it seems like the worms just laughed at me but Im not sure if i used a high enough dose. I used 1 packet every day for 3 days and each packet was 250 mg in my 20 gallon. I wonder if i should of used 2 packets, that would have been 500 mg.