· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Look who I added to the posse

0 Not allowed!
    Picked this little guy up about two weeks ago. He still had a pretty large yolk sac, and while it is not recommended that arowanas be bought that young, I was confident enough to get it. All they need at that age is delicate handling and pristine water. The photos below are from this morning and the sac is almost depleted as you can see. This is the perfect stage to train him onto eating prepared food as you have some time to play with. So far he has been eating like a champ. He's had his fill of pellets and cultured daphnia. I left quite a bit of the daphnia in the tank so he can feed throughout the day.

Attached Images Attached Images
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Hwo cute! I've never seen one that small.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Indeed. At thise size they're cute, as two feet fish that's a bit lost.

0 Not allowed!
    Our regular members should know that arowanas need very large tanks. This guy will be going into a 20 and then a 70 as he grows. I am building a 270 gallon tank for him in the near future that will be stocked with other compatible fish in the meantime. The dimensions are 72 long x 24 tall x 36 wide
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Aeon, I dont know if you read TFH in your country but I know there was a great article on keeping Arro's last month. An experoment I would try had I had the tank to do so is to put a powerhead at the top creating a massive current. They are said to grow bigger, faster and happier in this current.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking little beast you have there. More photos please!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    I do know that people have prevented and cured gill curl with powerheads so I will definitely be doing that. Thanks Sandz

Thanks Firefly! Aros are beautiful fish once kept right.
    <-- Click for journals

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help &amp; points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice fish Aeon. I look forward to watching him grow.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    You should start a journal for this guy. Id love to read about his progression -- his growth, how or what he's eating and the evolution of his tank.

0 Not allowed!
    How old is that arowana? And if they swam around in the wild with a yolk sac that conspicuously colored, wouldn't they be easier targets for predators?