· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Actually the point closer to home here, that I have addressed directly is your use of hypothesis without direct knowlege. I can admire an attempt to answer a question, but when someone combines the words hypothesis, new and potential answers I see red flags all over the place when trying to address a question. Now maybe the OP's origional post wasnt answered to your liking, however to claim arrogance or that this community isnt nurturing is nothing but inflamitory. The OP's questions were directly answered in a direction by Cliff to the step by step thread on cycling fishless and then again by fishmommie stating the ammount of ammonia redosed was to high creating an adverse reaction in the cycle. After being confused, you had chimed in with three theories and based on your explanation, the OP states "You are the go to guy!" and directly after I gave an answer as well. The OP stalled the cycle by overdosing ammonia. When to much ammonia is added it can stall the cycle...

This notion of someone with under 50 posts here and admittedly new is scary considering you again are in the hypothesis stand point and have no backing as you have stated. Its alarming to me as a member here that you readily give solutions without a tested and confirmed solution.

Above all that, I commend your use of the english language but find that when applying language reserved for Biology majors you muddle the direct intent and though your posts are long paragraphs, they end with no result.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by myofibroblast View Post
    I don't presume one's curiosity based on age, nor the approachability of my answer based on the person's age.
    Thats the point where we will disagree... you SHOULD take in account the persons age or atleast their ability to fully 100% understand the text you put forth. Capacity to engage/curiosity doesnt directly corrispond to comprehension. Secondly when asking for answers, hypotheses dont have a place where fact and practice have tested true.

As responded to earlier, the OP's questions have not been ignored and the OP has been given a direction to go to resolve the issue.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's