· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    The new LED light is awesome. I have had to move my corals around with the new light. Today I picked up a few more pounds of man made live rock. I was told it is already cured as it was man made but I have it in a container of reef mix with an air line. There is a bit of stringy algae on it which I don't know whether to put it in the tank or pull if off. The algae is green, thin, and long strands. Any thoughts?
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    Live rock, is live rock, is live rock. Not matter if the rock was made by man or mother nature, the bacteria will be the same. All the same precuations would still apply as the potential die off comes from what grows on the rocks and has nothing to do with the rock it's self.

The long stringy algae on it really could be any type of algae. No telling what it starts to grow

If you are concerned, just cure the rock in complete darkness for a few weeks. You'll keep the bacteria alive and kill off the algae
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    It's a r420r 160w three panel with Cree LED's. Many programmable features on this unit. It cost a bit more then I wanted to spend but the owner said it will grow any coral out there in the hobby.
    Sorry Strider, but I missed this post.

I had looked into these LEDs for one of my tanks as well. If it wasn't for the shipping costs, I likely would have got them. Maxspect is said to be a really good brand.

I would be interested to hear about your feedback on these LEDs

And of course, pics are nice too
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I have pic's of the light before it hit the tank. I have only had it other tank for a day and the programmable 6 settings are nice. It slowly ramps up in the morning until all the LED's hit 100% then gently ramps down in the evening until only the blues are on. My zoan's are really full and my soft corals are nicely waving in the current.
    Until now I didn't know what shimmer was. I will post a few pic's of the tank shortly.

I really like the effects this light is having on the tank so far. Mind you for the price I'd better like it. hehehe.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My solder skills include soldering together smart chip loaders and glitchers, soldering jumpers to mother board chips which requires the use of a magnifying lens, soldering the wire harness installs on my families trailer and cars, sound systems, you get the point.
    The corals I have in the tank at the present time include Green star polyp, blue waving hand, and 3 frags of zoanthid's. All low light corals but I want to expand to hard corals.
    I am looking at covering a 55 gallon with probably some 35 to 40 LEDs (is this enough to light a 4 ft 55 gallon tank?), with royal blue and white LEDs. Now if there are other colours (you say 6 glarior) please let me know what they are. Moonlight blue would be another one I suppose?

Price wise, around $400.00 max.

I will have to read up about drivers and controllers which I have only glanced over at this point. I was looking for an all-in-one kit type which could be bought but it looks like these things are more, here is our equipment, order what you think you need. lol
    Sorry for the long reply, I had eye surgery and today is the first time I h ave got onto a computer since my last post lol.

$400 limits you on the fancy part of automatic dimmings but the LED's with electronics. I would go with are RB, Blue, NW, WW, deep red cyan and violet. to create a full spectrum LED setup. There is a good read I will PM you that might answer some of your questions.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That read was awesome glarior. Thats for the link, I plan to expand the system I bought and that info will really come in handy. Man it even goes into the tool needed. Thanks!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That read was awesome glarior. Thats for the link, I plan to expand the system I bought and that info will really come in handy. Man it even goes into the tool needed. Thanks!
    Wait, theres more.. check your PM
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12