· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Help diagnosing goldfish growth

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I have tried without luck to cure the growth on my goldfish but with no luck. Now that the growth on my fish has grown I have better quality pics that may help diagnosis and treatment. Could I please ask for help and advice? I have tried MultiCure a couple of times over the last few months (has Malachite Green, Methylene Blue, Acriflavine) and more recently I tried Melafix. Nothing seems to have worked. Im always scared of overdosing medications so maybe I didnt use enough or for as long as needed? Please see attached photos. All water parameters are good and always have been. Tank/fish are 4 years old. 20% water change every week. Tank is 40L and same two goldfish have been in it from the beginning (about 2inches each). There has been no obvious behaviour change in either fish. The growth has been present for many months now and is slowly growing. See link below for a few photos.

http://goldfishhelp.imgur.com/

Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed!
    40L is pretty small for goldfish. When you place fish thet grow to whatever their normal size in a tank thats to small, their growth will be stunted. The size tank you have is about 8 u.s gallon. I believe recommended size for gold fish is 55 u.s gallons or 220L. If funds allow, I highly recommend you get a larger tank, if not you might consider rehoming the goldfish in exchange for maybe a betta.

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry but the link doesn't work for me. Could you please describe the growth? Just off the bat it seems like, besides a too small tank, that you are changing too little water for a goldfish. This could lead to issues with water quality and result in abnormal growths or deformities.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    http://goldfishhelp.imgur.com/Sorry, I'm new to this. I think I have fixed the link or if you cut and paste the link it should work, then click on the picture and it will open up 5 pictures. Hope that helps.

http://goldfishhelp.imgur.com/

Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Sorry but the link doesn't work for me. Could you please describe the growth? Just off the bat it seems like, besides a too small tank, that you are changing too little water for a goldfish. This could lead to issues with water quality and result in abnormal growths or deformities.

0 Not allowed!
    thanks, the pictures have helped. does the growth look smooth or is it fluffy/cottony?
    in the meanwhile I would recommend larger water changes.