· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaurami illness

0 Not allowed!
    Completely agree to ALL the advice given here.

The most important bit of advice was -- return the fish, and start over.

That is unless you plan on purchasing a bigger tank, in which case you might be able to keep two Gourami's. That would be an absolute minimum of 55g, and that's still risky.

How long did you say your tank was running for with readings of 0,0,0? That seems almost impossible if you've had it up for almost any amount of time.

Anyway, the main thing you should take away from all this advice is-- return the fish, and start over. Otherwise you are going to kill them.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that you aren't going to return them or get a bigger tank. I guess just pull up a chair and watch them croak. Sorry, just the truth.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sorry my filters fall to pieces so i have to change them i rinse them in the same water as i take out the tank so as not to loose the bacteria. i use tap safe water treatment when using tap water, and struggle to keep balance. filter www.hagen.com mode A-131 withcartridge3in one mechanical, chemical & biological filtration, if none of these are suitable please say so and i will confront the shop i bought them from.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i did'nt say that i said i was not going to return them!!!! i do not intend for them to die. you can quote me on that!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosevere View Post
    thankyou for your explanation, i check my water before putting it in the tank in fact i check a bit to much all levels are fine so if i do as you say and get a bigger tank! (sorry the size you recommend is to big for me to handle as i am disabled to some degree) what do you sugest, as i am not returning the fish and i dont intend to loose them iether!

There ya go.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.