· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Help finding ammonia

0 Not allowed!
    I've been looking all over, and no one has the right combo.

I've found 100% ammonia, but with surfactants. and I've found 10% ammonia with nothing else on the label showing ingredients. It said janitorial strength on it.

Does anyone have a clue as to where I can get some 100% pure, with out all the crap in it ammonia. I don't think you can order it online, because its a marked item as far as bomb making goes.

I just got a 75gal tank, and I'd like to cycle it the right way.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    do you have an ACE hardware in your area? They have the stuff.
    It's ACE brand janitorial strength ammonia.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies, mystery & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted:crown tail betta, neons, pygmy cory, clown pleco, mystery & nerite snails
    90 g FW planted:congos, rainbows, roseline sharks, swordtails, krib pair, ABNP, peppered cories, mystery snails
    90 Gal Journal:
    fishless cycling:
    fish in cycling:

0 Not allowed!
    I would not worry too much about the concentration of the ammonia in the bottle. I have a bottle of ammonia which is only 10 or 15% ammonia without any additional addatives and it has worked fine for cycling a few tanks already.

A lot of members here get there ammonia from Ace Hardware as fishmommie has already recommended
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL=""]

0 Not allowed!
    Dilluted but pure is fine, and 10% solution makes for easily calculating.

Funny this, over here every supermarket and most DIY stores sell it. I think I pay 69 cents a liter. I understand it's also difficult to come by in the UK. I think next time I'm over there I'm going to bring a case or two and flog it to aquarists.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's readily available in the states but can prove near impossible to find elsewhere. I ended up buying mine off amazon for $8.00. Overpriced yeah, but I cycled my tank without any problems and worries.

A little further from sanity

Awards Showcase

for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 
    Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    The one that had janitorial strength on the label is the one you want. You will not find actual 100% ammonia available to the general public because it is lethal unless diluted. The bottle that said 100% just meant it didn't have fragrance or soaps, etc.. in it, but it was diluted with water. If you don't have an Ace Hardware near you, look for a cleaning supply company that sells to businesses, they will have the ammonia you need and often sell to individuals.
    People say if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all... Then they wonder why am I so quiet.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    A moderator on a fish forum should be able to identify an oscar... Don't you think?

0 Not allowed!
    I went last night and picked up the 10%, and started a cycle on my 10gal tank.

See how this works out....