· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Light and Filter purchase.

0 Not allowed!
    If all goes according to plan I will be picking up my new (used) aquarium at the end of the week. It's a 90 gallon with full hood and stand. It has t8 fluorescents built into the hood. I am planning on making this a planted Roseline Shark tank. It comes with an under gravel filter, which I will immediately throw out. I have had no luck finding filters and lights used, so I was looking for alternatives for the aquarist on a budget. I wanted to know what you guys think of these products, if you've even heard of them before.

I was thinking 2 of these filters
    http://www.aquatraders.com/Odyssea-C...er-p/42044.htm

And this light
    http://www.aquatraders.com/48-inch-4...re-p/52305.htm
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    I don;t know too much about that filter

As for the lighting, it really depends on what you want. I would think a 4 bulb T5HO fixture would give you high to very high levels of lighting which you would likely need to balance out with ferts and CO2 making it a high tech tank

I have only 2 bulbs of T5HO on my 90 gallon and I am able to grow low to mid light requiring plants with now issues and not a lot od algae either.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I am probably going to start out with low to mid light plants to start, but I would like the option to go high without having to buy a second light. It says it supports bluemoon lights, could i do 2 moon lights at night and 2 fluorescent lights for daytime? I've never owned anything but stock lighting so this is all new to me.
    ~Manna

0 Not allowed!
    Typically, the moon lights are in addition to the 4 bulbs

Most 4 bulb fixtures have two switches (or timers) one for each pair of bulbs. If that is the case with the one you are looking at, you could set the timer for two of the bulbs to only come on for 1 minute each day and the other two fro a normal time period, making it really a two bulb fixture
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have that light fixture in the 24" size. It has 3 cords to it. 1 per pair of flourescent tubeds and one that controls the led moonlights. If you get it make sure you get one with 6700k bulbs instead. The one in the link is for a marine setuo and would give you tones of algae. There is also a seller on ebay that sells that brand for pretty much the same prices and were very easy to deal with.

I actually dont run the moonlights on mine because I ran out of outlets :(.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh wow! I didn't even see the actinic bulbs, thanks for pointing that out LadyGodiva. I would have gotten the wrong one. One of the reasons I was going to buy all the stuff from that one website was because of the free shipping over $200. Could you pm me the name of that eBay seller if you have it? That way I can look at all the options.
    ~Manna

0 Not allowed!
    Check this out guys!
    This is an ad for an Eheim Professional 2 model 2028. It was purchased brand new and used in a doctors office for 6 months before the office changed ownership and the new doctor tore the tank down. I spoke to the guy selling it tonight. He is willing to let it go for $150. Do you guys think that's a good buy for my new 90 gallon?
    Am I understanding correctly that those filters have heaters so I wouldn't have to buy that for my tank either?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...eheim&ad_cid=4
    Last edited by CrunchyLeaf; 02-23-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    ~Manna

0 Not allowed!
    Gah...stupid tablet....double post.
    ~Manna