· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pulled the wood out for a good soaking in the tub... Will definitely have to pick up a few pieces of slate tile from Lowes to affix the wood to. These babies will be a while to get water logged. The canopy has come together nicely. Tried out the hardware and it too worked as planned. Everything broke down smoothly. I will go rock hunting this weekend and plan out my final tank scape and get some plants ordered. I have 4 wisteria already from my other tank I can use. Maybe by next weekend I can start with the substrate.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

0 Not allowed!
    For plants this would be my thoughts, go with the microswords up front, get a few crypts, maybe 1 or 2 anubias, and go with jungle val a bit across the back. You may be able to get some reds in with those plants. Plus there are countless others available

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed a couple of "soft" spots on a couple pieces of the driftwood... Do you think these will be a problem or should I attempt to cut those areas out?
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Depends... how soft... if you can dig that park out it might help a little, but as long as its not a big spot I think you should be fine. I think a little wood breaking down in the tank will always happen

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The soft spots are not that bad and I don't think they will pose a problem. Nothing really new to report today. I think as far as plants I am going to give some moss a try again on the wood and maybe some lace java fern. I like the look of micro swords in the foreground in a few areas. I think some vals in the back would be good. Stems are easy enough to add later as needed but I really need to get the attached plantings before hand.

Kind of want to do a terrace with the substrate like this (it's crude but you get the idea)
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Plants are ordered:

Anubia x 4
    Crytptocoynes Asst x 6
    Lace java Fern x 3
    Java Fern x 3
    Microsword Potted x 3
    Jungle val x 8
    Wisteria x 4
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    That substrate layout would be amazing! And i'm glad to hear you got the plants. Should look awesome with the gravel set up and driftwood

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To help minimize evaporation I utilized some left over egg crate plastic to make a 3 piece cover for the sump. This helps keep debris and other items from falling into the sump. I then covered the bottom side with inexpensive shrink window film from the hardware store.

Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Even the sump looks good... geez.. its a show tank a show sump and a show stand lol

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    I know NOTHING about sumps - but that appears to be a thing of beauty.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast