· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have a planted tank account, but those stones would be nice too. I have always loved a good mix of stone and driftwood

2. Thumbs up Water Temp Update:

0 Not allowed!
    I upped the thermostat earlier today and the Display tank is now reading 77 degrees at the surface and 76.8 at the bottom using the same thermometer for both readings. The one I used was the Coralife and if you recall it was off on calibration by 0.7 degrees so that falls right in line with the temps I am after. The Marina is in the Sump and is reading 76.8 degrees but I found it to be 1.5 degrees off to the negative so I am deducing that the sump temp is right around 78 degrees. We will see how these temps hold over the next few hours.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just purchased 3 nice pieces of DW from ebay

It's a start...
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I fear I am going to have to resort to ebay or aquabid for DW... Great pieces. I just cant find much locally and dont have a vat to boil wood in.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    I fear I am going to have to resort to ebay or aquabid for DW... Great pieces. I just cant find much locally and dont have a vat to boil wood in.
    This was the guy I bought from... he still has some - http://www.ebay.com/sch/plg747/m.htm...p2047675.l2562
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Those are some good pieces... what are you using for a substrate (sand, gravel, etc)?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a whole bag of STS left from when I rescaped my 55. I think I am going to use it along with some pool sand in a few areas. I was thinking of doing some terraced areas with rocks and using the sand as the substrate in those spots. I will draw up a sketch in a bit.

I painted the first coat of black on the back glass and it looks Dead Sexy!
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    That looks awesome... I would say to paint the overflow tho... I just don't like seeing the waterline... just my $.02, I'd paint the side facing the tank so you don't see the white line of the edge of the glass...

I know it'd be a pain, but hey, I think the results would look good... but you might wanna be able to see inside the overflow, incase something ends up in there

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    That looks awesome... I would say to paint the overflow tho... I just don't like seeing the waterline... just my $.02, I'd paint the side facing the tank so you don't see the white line of the edge of the glass...

I know it'd be a pain, but hey, I think the results would look good... but you might wanna be able to see inside the overflow, incase something ends up in there
    I agree that it would but I don't think the paint would hold up under water? Has anyone done this before (painting the glass on the inside of the tank)?
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I touched up the paint on the walls of my office (for a second time after I realizes I used the wrong color) and painted the second coat on the back glass. Tank is now being drained so I can move it into it's permanent position.
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast