· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Aequeon 15 gal Column Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Hi--I have treated the water and prepared the tank. I have never done fishless cycling and didn't understand cycling at all (still don't) completely before I found this site. I have the API master test kit and just did a lot of worrying and partial water changes forever til my nitrites disappeared. I still have ph problems at times and don't know why. I have a 60 gal , 40 gal turtle, 2 10's, and 1 5gal plus the new column tank. I am thinking of just cycling it with fish as usual. Also, could I put just one or two fairly large fish in it plus a pleco or flying foxes? It has monster aeration! Thanks for any help! Shirley

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Shirley - I'm confused. You listed several tanks. What tank, specifically, are you asking about regarding cycling and stocking ideas?
    Can you clarify the size of the tank, if it's in the process of cycling and what filtration you have?
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It is a new 15 gal aqueon column tank with a small aqueon filter---I am new to cycling and newly back to aquariums; although I've had aquariums for 40+ years they didn't talk cycling in the old days lol! Thank god all the filter media has changed as well. I have an Aqua Clear 110 or 130 I could put on it if necessary if the other one won't do it, and 3 airstones are already going. I wondered if loaches would work in the tank--dojos or kuhlis? Since they swim up and down a lot. I would like something more interesting than guppies but I have plenty in my turtle tank and other tanks. Could one or two really cool fish work? I know the space is weird so I am at a loss as to what to put in it. Also, I have added the supplied aqueon water conditioner but have done nothing about adding anything else like Stability? It just seems strange to add bacteria and plop the fish right in, or do those bacteria regimens just speed up the process? Thanks----Shirley

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I find when you give dojos and or kuhlis enough space they don't go up and down because they enjoy their space on the bottom of the tank.

what are the dimensions of this tank?

and if you have a cycled tank-you can use some of that media and "insta-cycle this one"
    otherwise, read up on how to cycle fish LESS with ammonia.