Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thread: 118g SA/CA Cichlid Tank
02-17-2013, 10:14 AM #1
118g SA/CA Cichlid Tank
So, I am in the process of upgrading my 65g severum tank to a 118g 5-foot by 2-foot South American Biotope (with a few Central American residents).
Current plans are that the tank will be river-themed, decorated with driftwood and large river rocks on a bed of white silica sand. For filtration I will have the internal Juwel filter as well as an additional canister of which I haven't decided. Don't bother suggesting which canister I should buy because the ones you guys use probably won't be available here.
Anyway, help me stock it! Currently the only confirmed residents are:
- 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
- 1-2 Super-red Severums (haven't decided whether to keep one or 2 just yet)
I'm open to any ideas, although keep in mind that I probably won't have access to any really fancy or rare species. This is a rough list of species I'm interested in, and obviously I don't expect to be able to keep all of them in this one tank so don't shoot me yet. I've done as much research as I can but there is a lot of controversy as to what's compatible and whats not, and how many will "fit" safely and comfortably in a 5-foot tank. Species I've been considering are as follows:
- 1x Green Terror -- probably too aggressive?
- 3x Red Striped Eartheater -- stunning but would a group of these and the EBJD and Sevs put me over my stocking level?
- 1x Firemouth
- small group of Sajica Cichlids or other smaller cichlid (suggestions?) OR school of larger characin -- Spotted Metynnis?
- 2-3x small-ish plecostomuses (L066 or Bristlenoses?) OR oddball catfish?
- 1x Oscar -- I know this cancels out pretty much everything else on my list but just wondering if it's even an option?
Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.
Last edited by Amelia; 02-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.