· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default GoldFish food help ??

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone.

I am not sure how much food to feed my Lionhead Goldish, they are super greedy and i have been feeding them both flakes 4-5 times a day and 1 frozen Brine Shrimp cube every other day.

I only have 2 Lionhead's in my 330litre tank and they are 5 " long and very very fat!

Am i feeding them too much, obviously i want them to grow a little more but i dont want to harm them or make them into GIANTS that are too big for the tank.

Any advice for me please am so worried i may be giving them too much food, They are scoffing everything i give them within a few minutes!

Cheers gem!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    your feeding won't help/hinder their growth.

how big they get is in their genetics, and we can't control that unless you stunt their growth w/ a small tank.

I think you are overfeeding them. fish, and even moreso with gold fish. eat as much as they can and can eat themselves to death. they still have that wild mentality that they don't know when food is coming next so eat as much as possible when they see it.

i feed my fish every other day and once a day.
    they are happy and very healthy.

0 Not allowed!
    Feeding adult fish is one of those things where a rule of thumb actually applies. Once a day and never more than is consumed in 60 seconds. only with young or very, very small (1 inch or less) fish are you better off doing 2 45 second feeds.

Now, if you're looking for a good staple food...http://www.hikariusa.com/lionhead/

0 Not allowed!
    Most fish are perpetually hungry because, as already stated, the never has been a need for a "full" sensation due to food scarcity in the wild. However, as you become experienced you will recognize two types of hungry. One is the "hungry" hungry which occurs with true need for food. The other is the "not so hungry" hungry where a fish will continue eating just simply because the still is food present. With experience you will be able to differentiate both forms of "hungry" and stop feeding accordingly.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank's everyone, from what's been said i think i am definitely over feeding them. i will cut it down to twice a day.

They are very attentive and come to the end of the tank staring at me while i am watching tely, it's quite funny really because i can feel them staring!!! LOL

Thanks for the food link Talldutchie i can get that online in the uk really easy, it also has great reviews!

I am so glad i have switched to fancy goldy's, i use to grow Koi Fish for my mum's pond and did really well but i think they belong in Pond's and lakes and never in a tank.

Thank's all