8x Lemon tetras
    10x emerald catfish
    1x Dwarf Gourami
    3x Swordtails
    3x Lyntail mollies

what I'd like to add.

up school of lemons to 15
    add a gold severum
    add a another smallish school, been hearing to many congo horror stories lately so not sure, maybe just more lemons
    up emeralds to 15
    3x more swordtails
    4-5 Pictus cats.... 50/50 on this
    and one verge but maybe a king kong parrot.. again 50/50

if mollies are a risk, the can go to the tetra madness 55 gallon

filtration is 2x Ac110s, 2x sponges. I wont add any more and sticking to the orginal stock in the top till i get a fx5, 405 or a XP4. Money may be an issue but i do want an fx5 since it gets a good gph and has good amount of space.
    Last edited by Angelfish11788; 02-16-2013 at 12:53 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I like the idea of increasing your current school sizes

I have never really understood the horror stories about congo tetras. I have been keeping them for about 3 years now without a single bad experiance or observation. But I have never had any less than 9 of them, and I had all males at that time. I found the magic number for my set-up is 14. I guess there are exceptions to every rule.

If would not be too gun-shy about adding congos to the mix. They should mix well with the sevrums in the tank as they are too fast for the severums to really bother with.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Like Cliff, I love my congos. My school is smaller - 7 - but also all males.
    I have them with severums and blood parrots, an angel and a geo - and like you I have sword tails and one dwarf gourami.

I would also suggest you add at least one more blood parrot. They like family units. 4 total would be even better since you have the room. You'd be surprised how much color just one more BP will add to the mix.
    But if you do that, I'd either add the congos or up the tetra school OR the cories, but not all three.
    you'll have to post some photos. sounds like a pretty tank
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I may do 7 congos like fishmommie but lately my lfs has been getting some brought back due to agression. I want pictus's really bad, but i may add 7 congos, a gold sev and kk bp, then up to 6x swords and up 15 emeralds

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm with Cliff and Fishmommie on the horror stories about Congo tetra's? I have not kept them in 6 years but I never found them to be aggresive to anything, not even themselves and I kept then with smaller tetras like Glowlights. They get a little "waspish" with each other once in awile but "no blood, no foul" type of aggession.
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-16-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: corrected user name in post
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I may get them. I am set in a kk parrot. They will get along and fit with the normal parrots right.

0 Not allowed!
    Just to throw off the ball, I had 15 Congos and they were absolute terrors. They were the first fish I got for my 65g waaay back when I first got it and it took me a long time to figure out why every new fish I added was dead the next morning. Killed over $100 worth of Julii Cories, some bristlenoses and shredded my poor swordtails to bits. I hate them. If you look close enough you can see have have mean little teeth. However, I did have a mixed school of more females than males and it was usually the females I saw doing the chasing and nipping.

Have you considered Columbians? They're beautiful.

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to Columbians. Another attractive tetra of similar temperment and size but totaly different color would be Diamond tetra's. Not very attractive when they are small they grow into a very showy fish when they reach maturity.

A video of them if you have not seen them.
    Last edited by steeler58; 02-16-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh the choices... Thanks guys

0 Not allowed!
    I've kept diemond tetras for a few tears as well, a great little tetra for sure.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]