· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Default Bacteria Making Water Cloudy?

0 Not allowed!
    So, I got up this morning to turn on my tank lights. Low and behold I have cloudy water for some reason.

Parms are:

Nothing out of the ordinary. I've had my new stock of Angels for roughly a week or so with no spikes.

My worry is this: I've been sick for the past two days with pneumonia, so yesterday my husband disinfected everything with Lysol. Maybe the Lysol got in the water???? The fish don't seem to be affected, so I'm not sure.

In any case I'm just about done with a 50% W/C. Let me know what you think.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Typically it's a sign of a cycle. If lysol was the culprit you'd probably seen some death fish by now and certainly dead shrimp.

Since you know better than to put fish in an uncycled tank I think we can discount that. Can it be from someone rooting around in gravel?

0 Not allowed!
    It's bare bottom. And my worry is that I may have gotten a mini spike somewhere or something. But the new stock has been in there PLENTY of time. I mean I would have expected it much earlier than now if it were going to happen.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Well, your test is well in the green. Your tank inhabitants must appear healthy or you would have told us. Shrug it off and wait for it to pass.

0 Not allowed!
    I guess that's all I can do for now.

The W/C cleared up the water a little. I'll keep a check on the params until the issue is resolved. Thanks for your reply.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    could it be green water?... I think algae in the water can make the appearance of being a little cloudy while not making the water noticeably green.
    31 Gallon Hagen Waterhome with 2 x 20W T8 6700K Life Glo tubes, Fluval 205 canister filter, Aquaclear 200W and Marineland Stealth 150W heaters, Hydor Hydrokable 50W substrate heating cable with Hydrostat thermostat, Hydor Ario 2 Blue aeration night light. Compressed CO2. Very Heavily Planted.

58 Gallon Hagen Light-Glo/Waterhome with 2x40W T8, 2x Fluval 404/405 canisters filters, Ebo-Jager 250W Heater, Marineland Stealth Pro 300W heater. Compressed CO2. Moderately planted.