· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question infusoria issues.....

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all,
    I wanted to give my goldfish fry an infusoria diet so I tried ( because its first time ) to culture them myself. I kept some raw potato in 1 Lt. water and kept it in sun , after 4 days the water became cloudy as I have read it has to be . but then no clear water appeared ( which would have been given the idea of presence of infusoria in the water ) . Now please tell me how could I know that the water is having infusoria in it and its safe to give them to my fry ? The water is having very foul smell .

Waiting for your valuable suggestions......

0 Not allowed!
    The things about that method of culturing infusoria is that there are many things that depend on the environment, such as what types of infusoria will settle in your culture and whether any will settle at all depending on how sterile the surrounding environment is. In the case that you are having the water container in place where too few airborne infusoria spores can settle, maybe try relocating the container to a place besides a pond or amidst plants?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't play with infusoria myself. I use Sera Micron. I breed a lot of tiny fish and infusoria is unreliable in my opinion. There is a smaller feed by Sera too. They both work really well so why play with lettuce and spuds?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels View Post
    I don't play with infusoria myself. I use Sera Micron. I breed a lot of tiny fish and infusoria is unreliable in my opinion. There is a smaller feed by Sera too. They both work really well so why play with lettuce and spuds?
    Hi ,
    Thanks ....could you please tell the details and access process of Sera Micron ???

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels View Post
    Thanks a lot.... will try it keeping in different places .

0 Not allowed!
    Keep in mind that Susmita comes from India so certain products that we are used to seeing may not be as easily available for him.

0 Not allowed!
    You can try seeding your infusoria culture with water from any safe green water source. Instead of placing it in the sun, put it inside near an open window instead.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have the link for you http://www.sera.de/uk/pages/products/category/259.html Sera products are very high quality. Hopefully you will have a source locally.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks a lot to all the members who have bothered to give me suggestions.....I am thankful to all of you.