· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default After moving shrimp, they are acting wierd...

0 Not allowed!
    Just moved them into a planted nano tank, and they all started swimming around like crazy... I have cherries and red nosed shrimp, and I'm not used to them acting this way. They used to just hide and walk on the ground area. I don't know if it has to do with 5 having eggs or the water change. I've done everything necessary to keep the water safe. Please help, I don't want anything to die.

0 Not allowed!
    Every organism gets a little stressed after a move. Best thing you can do is to leave the light off and don't disturb the tank until they get used to their new surroundings. Everything should be fine.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I turned off the light earlier just in case that was why. Hopefully when I get back tomorrow they will back to normal.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If they were in a larger tank then they might be more active in a smaller tank with only shrimp.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I prefer all shrimp not to be swimming 24/7... They have stopped anyways, thankfully. Now there are all bunching up in groups and going to the highest possible point in the tank... Anyone know?

0 Not allowed!
    Well, what's at the top of the tank?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loller View Post
    I prefer all shrimp not to be swimming 24/7... They have stopped anyways, thankfully. Now there are all bunching up in groups and going to the highest possible point in the tank... Anyone know?
    I'm thinking they are going to do whatever they need to do until they settle down - any living thing needs adjustment time when moved to a new home. As long as the water parameters in the new tank are good & the water temp was close to what they came from, they should be fine.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    It's normal for them to do that. After every water change, the shrimp in my tanks all start swimming all over. Have noticed even a 20% water change is enough for them to start doing this in my tanks. They do release pheromones into the water, that probably plays a part in them actively scurrying around after a water change I think.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The problem is is that they all climb to the top... They have stopped swimming like crazy. I just set the temperature to 77 just in case it was too hit because the old tank was like 75 or 77... hope it will work.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Someone please help and fast... One of my Red nosed shrimp just died /;