· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Red face

0 Not allowed!
    I had a vacuum system I counldn't even get sand to upflow because the tube diameter was too large on the uptake and the drain pipe is a little small - simple solution for a gravel system: either icrease intake tube size or (easier) restrict outflow tube; better still, I am not draining a vast amount of tank water when I vacuum the substrate and stirring is easier. That said, I added a smaller intake tube just to pull sand up nicely (goes 1/2 to 3/4, allowing sirt to be removed but the sand falls back into place - nice.)

0 Not allowed!
    I ended up finding what I was looking for on Ebay, and ordered it. A gravel Vac with a "fish guard". Debris will go in, but not the gravel. I'm not entirely sure why I am having this problem, but several different gravel vac's all have the same problem. Its all my tanks as well, from regular aquarium gravel to a bit larger stones, they get pulled up and block the small opening where the vac connects to the tube.

Again, I don't use a Python system, or anything like that, and I've played with different heights for the drain bucket from low to high, doesn't make any difference. I am starting to believe I am just a fool with this thing and need a training wheel variety to get around my obvious lack of ability lol.

I've had my tanks a couple years, and its been going on from the first use til now, making me seriously dread tank cleaning. Hopefully the new one will solve the problem.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith 

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure if this will help but in the old days we used to use a coke bottle (plastic) bottom cut off. Had a 1/2inch hose vacuum gravel until it boils in bottle then kink hose and it returns to tank. Only Vac part of aquarium at a time since it mixes up the different bacteria levels.

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith 

0 Not allowed!
    If you want a surface vac. I have a battery operated vac by Eheim. Works great and is tall enough so you don't get wet. Eheim 3531