· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I will certainly post pics, oh yea I forgot to mention that my wife says she wants to decorate the tank with a "sponge bob" theme..... I am not sure that will work in my den but we are still discussing it.
    . Scott.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got some great news today! I have a friend of a friend that has a 2200g indoor pond and is going to take my current stock.

Now my next issue is how to keep the BB alive until the makeover is ready for new stock. I have some ideas 1) add ammonia daily as I did during a fishless cycle. Or 2) just completely teardown and do another fishless cycle when everything is done.
    It has been a long time since I have had to cycle a tank, I have always had a tank to "seed" with and just do a mini fishless cycle.
    Any ideas or input on this issue or suggestions on my project in general would be greatly appreciated
    . Scott.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It would depends on how long the tank well be down. If its only a few days I'd say feed ammonia but anything longer then 5 or 6 days on a tank that big I'd just do a fish less cycle again when the tank is ready.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If your future stock will be producing relatively the same amount of bioload as the previous I would say go ahead and continue daily dosing of the ammonia. Ammonia is pretty cheap IMO and that way your strong BB colony survives.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    nice setup. would love to see a writeup on your diy heating after all this. I would styrofoam all sides including the sump. easiest and cheapest way for sure.
    Thar she blows!!!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have gathered all the materials for my diy heating system. I am going to start a thread in the diy section for this portion of the build. I will post pics here of the completed system, but will go into more details in the diy thread.
    . Scott.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Today I made some good progress on my diy heating system. I hope to start testing everything tomorrow.
    I have started a diy thread on the build. Once this is done I plan to start with aquascaping . So far I am looking at stocking with a school of rainbows and possibly some type of loaches. Any ideas on some good tank mates for these guys will be appreciated.
    . Scott.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not too sure on any stocking suggestions, but I would love to see pics as you go along

The pics in your DIY heating thread really did help to understand what you were doing a lot better

I'm looking forward to seeing this all come together
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Heating system is complete and I am testing it now. I will be moving forward with the project ,hopefully a bit quicker now that I know the heating works...
    . Scott.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know it has been a while ,but life has a way of postponing my projects....lol

Today I built doors to access the tank from the front. And I hope to have them installed in the next couple of days. I have all my insulation and have the heating system up and running. I hope this will progress a bit faster now .

I think I have decided on some of the new stock . To start I will be stocking with a school of bosemani rainbows,a school of denison barbs and some type of the smaller loach species . Still haven't decided on numbers of each probably somewhere in the 12-15 each range .

I will keep y'all posted on progress
    . Scott.