· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Green Terrors Spawned!

0 Not allowed!
    So I just noticed my female GT in a pit in the corner of the tank that wasn't there yesterday. Went over to investigate and there are eggs in there with her! I wasn't expecting this so soon! They are less than a year old!

Now I have no idea what to do. I don't have another tank to move them into, or to move the JD and red tailed shark. I guess I will just see what happens! Should I still do water changes in this tank? They were due in just a couple of days from now...

Anyone have any experience in raising fry of these fish?

0 Not allowed!
    Well, since this tank will have to be huge to house these species... I think you can probably skip a few days.

Biggest issue you have now is figuring out what to do with the fry that survives the JD after the parents stop caring.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank is 120g. It houses the GT pair, 1 JD, 1 Red Tailed Shark, and 6 Bn's. The GT's stay on the right, the JD on the left, and the shark and BN's where ever they please, lol.

Just talked to my lfs (went for crickets for the frogs) and they said pretty much the same thing. I can sell some of the babies (if they make it) on Kijiji, and a friend of mine will take some. After that, the lfs will make me a deal for some. If they are as prolific as what I am hearing, the JD is welcome to snack all she wants, lol.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    To bad you arent close to me. I would take em all and get myself a breeding pair. I passed on a 8in female today on my lunch. They are sooo pretty!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, congratulations.

Please
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sandz, if you were closer I would take you up on that deal, lol!

Apparently they laid eggs long before I noticed! The eggs are not eggs today, but wrigglers! I am so excited!

So far mom and dad are being great parents. They aren't being as aggresive with the other 2 fish as I thought they would. They are even tolerating them on their side. The video I am posting will show this.

Again, pardon the algae on the glass as I still can't do tank maintenance on their side. You can see the wrigglers, although the video isn't as clear as I would like it. It looks better in full screen.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone! The eggs are now wrigglers!

Sands, if I were closer to you I would definitely be willing to work something out, lol.

I will share some links to some FB photos of them:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

And this a a YouTube link to a video of the wrigglers. It looks better in full screen. Mind the algae as I can't get into their corner to clean:

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have submitted two responses with links to pics and a video, but it is telling me they won't be posted until a mod can review it. Please be patient!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks in advance!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Great video! Thanks for posting.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~