· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cold water tank

0 Not allowed!
    I think the decor around the tank is deceptive. I think it could be a ten gallon. As for the half full of yellow water thing, this is someone who has decided that they are tired of fish and won't even take the time to top it off because dealing with the water is too much of a pain. That's the look my ten gallon had when I rescued it a year ago.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    What temperature do you have inside your house? While guppies are tropical fish, they do ok in slightly lower temps than many other tropicals - if your house stays at or above 18*C (64.4*F), guppies can do just fine. If your house is normally a little warmer (20*C/68*F), neon tetras or celestial pearl danios (aka galaxy rasboras) do great at that temperature. If your house is colder though, I think the mountain minnows are your best bet... Check out the long fin, high fin and white varieties.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishn00b View Post
    I don't think that's a 10g tank....that looks much bigger..And why is it only halfway filled with yellow water? Whole thing seems strange.
    I agree with this - that tank looks bigger than a 10gal - it looks more like a 20-30gal.

I got my 5gal QT from a CL listing - it was listed as a 10gal so I got cheated but I didn't know any better - looks like a nice tank for that price!
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

Lightbulb I ALWAYS get the measurements.

0 Not allowed!
    The easiest solution is to have them measure it and then you will know. Tell them you want to make sure it will fit in the space you have or something but get the measurements.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Once you get the measurements post here.

and if you don't want to buy a heater, then you have to get the fish that can handle cold water-like the cloud minnows. if you don't like them, then buy a heater and stock with tropical fish.

putting tropical fish in a cold tank=disease and disaster. you'll get ich in this tank faster than your other tank.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank View Post
    Once you get the measurements post here.

and if you don't want to buy a heater, then you have to get the fish that can handle cold water-like the cloud minnows. if you don't like them, then buy a heater and stock with tropical fish.

putting tropical fish in a cold tank=disease and disaster. you'll get ich in this tank faster than your other tank.
    actually turns out it wasn't ick
    I wanted to wait for it to infect 1 more fish before dosing those meds. After a week it didn't.
    Idk what it was.
    I will get measurements asap

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    She only told have me 20x12
    So I think it a 10 gallon

0 Not allowed!
    You got 2 out of 3 from her

Depending on the hight, it could be a 10, 15, or 20 gallon tank
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I asked for them but she said I'm asking to many questions.
    i now now it's atleast 10.
    I'll try to pick it up tomorrow

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    regardless of tank size, you are pretty much stuck to some small cold water loaches, or the white cloud minnows.

no goldfish deserves a tank that size.