· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I think it would be safe that we are all trying to help fix/improve the situation

Perhaps we should post about the topic at hand from now on and not about our writing styles

I would hate to have to close this thread
    Thank you, Cliff; I was personally just trying to explain why I answered her the way I did -- it seemed like there was a sarcastic overtone in terms of what she called my initial post (an "epic"), and I apologized yet again for that and simply explained that my equipment list was in my sig.

At any rate, indeed it would be a shame if you had to close this thread; I'm trying to get as much help here as possible as I struggle through this. I don't think closing it is necessary, with all due respect, as we seem to be back on track now. As I stated multiple times as well, I will attempt to get pictures of the setup (which you requested as well) on the site as soon as I can.

Thank you, sir.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    UPDATE:

Okay, so without testing, I just went ahead and did a 15 gallon water change (meaning I took approximately 15 gallons out of the 60) just to keep any ammonia from spiking, and replenished with fresh cool tap water treated with Prime (for the size of the tank); I didn't fill the water all the way up to the maximum brim of the aquarium as initially, so now the filters are really breaking the surface with good, powerful flow and extra oxygen push. The water looks clean and clear (still kinda cloudy from the sides though; don't know what that's about) and tomorrow I will be on my fifth day of Stability treatment; Tuesday will be the last...fish also look healthy and happy, swimming around and through decor, etc...

Was it okay to do this small change without even testing? At the very least, the 15 gallon exchange sholuld have gotten some toxins/ammonia out, no?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 hours ago
    Oh, if you would have seen the images of the last tank's crack in the rear glass, you would agree that in no way was it a matter of just a floor being a bit unlevel
    But we didn't. This despite asking you over and over and over again ... You never ever posted them. Which is why the following does not surprise me:
    Quote Originally Posted by ClinicaTerraLTD from 24 hours ago
    I have to wait for my wife to get home from work because she has the better camera in her phone; then, I will upload some images.
    Those are some long hours . . . Apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by 23 hours ago
    I will attempt to get pictures of the setup (which you requested as well) on the site as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:18 am last night
    Yes, I will attempt to take a pic of our setup so everyone can get an idea of what I am describing
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R View Post
    But we didn't. This despite asking you over and over and over again ... You never ever posted them. Which is why the following does not surprise me:
    Those are some long hours . . . Apparently.

First of all, I DID provide images of the cracked tank from the last setup; that was some time ago and I don't know where the thread is buried in archives now. Regardless, I don't know why you keep "picking" at me with each response in both threads; my wife came home very tired and is going through a rough medical issue period right now so I couldn't post the images or work on them. Do you want to string me up and castrate me for that?

I WILL get the pics up as soon as I possibly can.

Post I don't doubt she is tired working such long shifts.

0 Not allowed!
    I WILL get the pics up as soon as I possibly can.
    ...Looks familiar

Quote Originally Posted by ClinicaTerraLTD View Post
    First of all, I DID provide images of the cracked tank from the last setup; that was some time ago and I don't know where the thread is buried in archives now.
    No. You did not post pictures in the thread addressing it that I am aware of [You did have lots of tangent threads about filter flow and bow front visibility at the time also].. If only we could revisit that thread. . .

Here it is http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...t=95070&page=2 Point me to the pictures please.
    [Below is the last line of the final post, Look familiar?]

My wife snapped some pictures of the crack yesterday; I will upload them as soon as I can...
    . . Unsurprisingly no pics came and in fact less than 24 hours after that post. ..

This thread was started: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=95481
    Titled: "I AM COMPLETELY AT MY WITS END: ANOTHER CRACKED TANK! (We Believe)..."

And guess what? There WILL be pictures [See Post 9] - Oops No there won't be [#11] - Pic uploading tutorial @#25 - Might be pics @#33. . .
    [Let me know if you see a trend developing] - BTW, There were no pictures.

To answer your question I am not picking at all. I am basing my expectations of a picture based squarely on your performance so far at following through with posting a picture when you say you will.
    It hasn't happened yet, Ever.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, so moving beyond the idiotic obsession some on here have regarding mysterious photography and the tantrums that are thrown when images aren't instantaneously uploaded to the site when they said would be -- last time I checked this wasn't a crime punishable by any global and/or state laws -- because other things are happening in the particular victim's life (I'm completely done with that member and his constant harassment about this), let me update this thread a bit...

Yesterday was the last treatment of Stability (been doing it the Seachem-advised seven days) so I am done with the "bacteria kickstart" portion of this setup, and I'm using no more chemicals at this point, save for dosing the tank with Prime before new water goes in during a water change. Last night, the fish looked a bit "jumpy" and "edgy," and the water smelled a bit "off/fishy" so I ran an ammonia test via the API kit and it came back with a reading of 0.25 or higher. And so I did a 25% water change and fasted the fish all day today, until just a little while ago when I gave them very little flakes. They seem to be doing better since the water change and fasting...

At this point, with my fish-in cycle, do I need to do anything other than regular parameter readings and water changes?