· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default Ugh... decisions to make

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I cannot seem to make a decision on a 2nd tank. Been searching on CL for 2 months now. Found some nice stuff that I missed and some that people thought were worth much more than they were. I figured out that I want to go with a 70 - 120g in a 48" wide footprint. I also want to do an overflow and sump type system. Why? just for the sake of doing it. Here are a few I am looking at currently but I winder if I would still be better off buying a new tank?

Petsmart has TopFin 75g's w/ light and glass tops for $164 (tempting)
    Build a stand - $100, build a 20g sump $50, pump $90, misc plumbing $75 - Roughly $480

This is a 72g Bow Front, stand, canopy, light(not for plants), coast to coast overflow, most of the plumbing, no pump, 20g empty tank for sump. - Asking $450 - I offered $300 (waiting for response)
    3Ke3I63He5Ic5Gc5E3d26ca75d9cdb9861a24.jpg

This is a 75g Drilled corner Overflow, 30g acrylic sump, CA 1800 return pump (690gph), cherry stand asking $350
    3Gc3L53Hd5Nf5F15Mad21d8d39c0b0f701ce3.jpg

This is a 75g external overflow, 40g sump, return pump LifeGuard 4000 900+ gph, Wood stand (looks a little rough) - $250
    3K93F23Jd5Nf5Gd5H4d186944425f947714d3.jpg

Should I go new or save a few bucks??
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

0 Not allowed!
    I love the bow front. Stand needs a bit of work. There has been some steals up by me if you are willing to drive, say $100 in gas, if you could get a big tank for $100-$150 itd be worth it to you...

Just saying

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    I love the bow front. Stand needs a bit of work. There has been some steals up by me if you are willing to drive, say $100 in gas, if you could get a big tank for $100-$150 itd be worth it to you...

Just saying
    I am not opposed to driving that far but my issue is I no longer have a truck lol. I drive a Jeep Wrangler and a Honda fit

I also found a 120g 48x24x24 tank only for $180 could probably get for $150 but I don't know if the back glass is tempered or not for drilling. I guess I am not totally against an overflow box... just need to take precautions for power outages and breaking the siphon.
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Seats fold down in the fit and wrangler..

I fit a 55 gallon, with stand in my Veloster lol... had to tie the hatch closed.. but I got it home lol

0 Not allowed!
    Look into this, the guy is close by and selling his entire fish room, has a ton of stuff

Could probably get you all set up

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...100&1360944602

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Woohoo... finally... I landed the 72 Bowfront for $250! includes the stand, light, 20g for the sump and the coast to coast overflow. Already drilled just needs assembled.
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrramsey View Post

This is a 75g external overflow, 40g sump, return pump LifeGuard 4000 900+ gph, Wood stand (looks a little rough) - $250
    3K93F23Jd5Nf5Gd5H4d186944425f947714d3.jpg

Should I go new or save a few bucks??
    If the offer you have made falls through, above is the set-up that I would go for. Assuming the tank holds water, I would suggest offering close to asking $175 to $200 range. At that asking price, I would assume the set-up needs some work, but for the right price and some elbow grease, you can turn that into one heck of a great set-up for minimal cost.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here are a couple more shots of the 72 bow front - to be honest after talking to the guy on the phone I don't think this tank has seen any water yet. The coast to coast overflow was not installed yet. Still needs to be siliconed into place.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrramsey; 02-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    To be honest I don't like the stand, but that is easily fixable, I just don't like that you can see through it. But that sounds like a killer deal... now... what to stock it with