· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need some color

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sorry about your delinquent killies. have you thought about bolivian rams? they color up really nice. also, don't over look wag sword tails. lots of color and they are great at algae control on driftwood.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    thanks fishmommie, loved them but they were quite the trouble makers lol. I was just reading an article today about bolivian rams and got really excited at the prospect of having a pair! I was under the impression they were aggressive but at least from the article I read they would be compatible with my tetras. I won't overlook the wag sword tails they are a wonderful color, I don't have driftwood anymore (ph issues) but did just put in a nice piece of manzanita wood. once my serpae tetras are out of qt I'll look into picking up either the rams or wags!

0 Not allowed!
    I got 7 bolivian rams a short while ago, and I think that they deserve a declassification from cichlids to schooling fish. I originally wanted to quarantine them in a 30 gallon but then unfortunately I had to do wi the 10. The 7 "cichlids" are coexisting peacefully in the ten gallon (until i can put them into my 65)and follow each other around in a loose school, and they aren't even young fish. They currently are 2-3 inches long. We are talking about some seriously mild mannered fish here.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    madagascariensis, that is really fantastic to hear! It definitely makes me want to pick up a pair for my tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    . The 7 "cichlids" are coexisting peacefully in the ten gallon (until i can put them into my 65)and follow each other around in a loose school, and they aren't even young fish. They currently are 2-3 inches long. We are talking about some seriously mild mannered fish here.
    This may change when mated pairs form and they starting breeding.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    It definitely will change when they do, And i still have no experience about how aggressive they will get when breeding, but Even for non breeding times they sure are very peaceful.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i would recommend some cardinal tetras. they aren't exactly top swimmers but will add amazing coulour