· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default my beta scuba steve

0 Not allowed!
    hi everyone i have a male beta that is named scuba steve that lives in a 10 gallon tank by himself and has been with me for a year so far.I consider that really good because he came from meijers and was so pale he was almost dead and now is a brillant dark blueish color with purple on his fins. all I have in his tank is a fake plant and little real plant and have a slight alge problem starting on the walls. Before I suck it all out with the gravel vac and algicide the tank is there any small alge eater like a snail or fish of some sorts that I could add? If not what fish can I add with my betta? I only want one maybe two tops if they were small. would a cory catfish work in there? I've just heard so many mixed stories on wether bettas need to be alone or are fine with certain other fish. If it helps I have room to add a small cave or to add more plants as cover in the tank. Any and all comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Putting other fish in with a betta is always hit-or-miss. Some are fine with it, some attack anything that moves. It depends on the betta. Be very careful if attempting it.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok,what about snails for the alge problem?or am I just better of treating the water for it? i'd really like to add one fish if there are any that anyone has had sucess with. he doesnt seem to be a super aggressive male mostly just swims around all day and hides by the plants sometimes

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've heard it's less fish that others have had success with, it's african dwarf frogs. But I don't know for sure, since all my tanks are bettas-only.

Snails might work... Watch out for betta-nips at the eye stalks. And adding more plants and hiding places would be a good idea, since bettas like having lots of hiding places.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i'm sry for my confusion cyberra are you saying people have added african dwraf frogs with bettas sucessfully from what you heard? I am planing on adding a few more plants, would it be better to go medium or heavy on the plants? will I have to up grade filtration? right now all I have is the little tera filter that came with the 10 gallon which at the time i thought was good for a single betta. all my heavy duty gear is on my son and mines 110 gallon tank. I do have an empty 55 gallon with a fluval 304 canister i'm currently not useing cause it needs parts. would it be possible to house a single male with a few females in a heavy planted 55 gallon with a few caves or other hiding spots in it?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    There are threads here about people successfully keeping dwarf frogs with betta fish. I would say medium-to-heavy on the plants, and make sure to have some floating plants... Bettas love those. They like sleeping in the floating plants.

Betta males and females in one tank... It would have to be a big tank, with several females to keep the male from going after any one. Betta males can and will kill a female if they share a tank and she's not ready to breed. It's very risky. I personally would not recommend it.

I think the filter you have should be sufficient for a single betta, but I admit that I am no expert. Other members here could probably answer that better than I can.