· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Question 110 gallon oscar community tank

0 Not allowed!
    hey everyone my 2 year old son and I have a oscar tank with a few other "friends" inside of it and they all co-exsist happily. It's 110 wide tank with enough filtration to turn the tank over roughly 10 times an hour, upgraded from a 55 gallon once I made the rookie mistake of buying most of the fish without researching how big they all could get. Fish consist of 2 albino tiger oscars, 2 smaller black and red oscars, a neon jewel cichlid, a pleco,2black convicts, and a cat fish that im not exactly sure what it is i'd have to go look it up online again because it was a present. What water temp, ph,levels ect are best for this set up im lightly planted and have some structures in the tank and differnt air things for bubbles for what im told is for gas exchange., Right now the water is 82 degrees and everyone seems happy with that. I appeciate any and all advice and suggestions & will try to get pictures up as soon as I can

0 Not allowed!
    You will need to upgrade or set up another tank as those oscars grow. Both due to space and aggression issues;
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ya i know im thinking about either going with a 220 or going real big and getting into the 300 gallon club once i move in about 6 months and find a killer deal on something that big. once i do that im either going to do 110 gallon fresh water community of smaller fish or go with 110 gallon saltwater coral tank but those can get very expensive very fast.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i just did a ammonia test with a api ammonia tester and got what i'd say is between a 0 and .25 ppm not bad i'd say and it's probally a zero and i'm just being picky with the color comparision chart. water temp is @ 82 how does everyone feel about that? the fish seem to all like it.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd say to never get the fish before you get the tank. You will soon be having a problem with mating and breeding issues and aggression not only from the Oscars but from the convicts, especially if you have a pair. The jewel is also an aggressive cichlid.

Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish? You will really have to watch it and test constantly if not.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I came here for pictures