· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea i absolutely love this guy have the sp up to 1.010 and he has been eating frozen squid. after adding salt he instantly became very active and hungry.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea i love this guy hes in a 55g by himself with a 125g coralife super skimmer marineland 350 hob and rena xp1 canister with lots of cave. in the next few months im moving so will take advantage of that and add live sand and base and live rock. (by then i will have the sp up to about 1.021)

0 Not allowed!
    If your parameters are OK, then I would not suggest adding live sand or live rock to your set-up. Adding live rock and/or live sand to a existing set-up can cause an ammonia spike due to the die-off on the rocks and live sand if it is large enough. If you keep everything as is, you can add good quality marine sand and some good dry rock and just let it become live over time. That would also save you some money
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    how would i go about changing from gravel to sand without disrupting bacteria? and will i need to add any live rock to jump start since the tank was cycled freshwater and then added salt later. and thanks for the infoyou deffinetly saved me an ammonia spike

0 Not allowed!
    By slowly increasing the salinity, you are allowing the different types of needed bacteria to grow naturally along with salinity changes so no worries there

You can practically get a instantly cycled tank much in the same way as using fully seeded biological filter media in fresh water. As another option for you to consider, you could get some live rock, cure it yourself in another tank or container, then add it to your tank. The below link can helpt explain that a little better

http://www.reefaquarium.com/2013/cur...ine-aquariums/
    Last edited by Cliff; 05-19-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]