· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yay! That means all I need to get this tank running is paint for the stand, substrate, a heater, and a lid for the tank.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here's a quick shot of the tank on the stand.
    101_1700_zps2b1d00cf.jpg
    I will be doing a leak test on Sunday, and will probably paint the stand next weekend.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No leaks!
    101_1702_zps342e49fd.jpg
    How long should I leave it filled to make sure it's gonna hold?

1 Not allowed!
    Looking good. =] Seems you have plenty of room in your DIY stand, too, so that'll be perfect for a canister. However, an AC50 would be perfectly fine for that tank (and it won't break the bank - $30/new online). Of course, you could go with an off-brand canister for about $50 for better filtration. OR you can pay $90+ for a name brand canister.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Talldutchie suggested an Eheim 2211. I found them online for around $65 plus shipping. I think I like that option... Will be a few paychecks until I can afford it though...

0 Not allowed!
    That's a good choice. Completely forgot you were looking for a canister for a 20gal, even though I mentioned the AC 50. lol Sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingIsFishy View Post
    Talldutchie suggested an Eheim 2211. I found them online for around $65 plus shipping. I think I like that option... Will be a few paychecks until I can afford it though...
    That's 48 euros. Hmm.. for that kind of money I'd expect one new or nearly so.

I bought a decrepit old one for $26, spend another $10 on parts. $35 on a set of taps (highly recommended, makes maintenance a lot easier)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure he meant new. I just found one at an online store, as well. Not too bad for an Eheim. =]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Talldutchie- that is for a new one. Checked the local craigslist/classifieds and you either get cheap starter kit junk or guys that think their old dirty worn-out filter is worth almost as much as a new one.

When you say "taps" do you mean some sort of shut off valve or something? I like easy maintenance...

0 Not allowed!
    $65 is very reasonable then.

These. You move both levers. Unscrew the light grey ring in the middle and you can remove it and carry it to the sink really easily. In some regions eheim sells a plus model which comes with these. In other regions you'll need to buy them seperately. Part numbers:

And to anticipate the next question. From top to bottom I have filter floss, 2 sponges, ceramics.