· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One last shot tonight then I HAVE to sleep!!

101_1922_zpsd9e8c118.jpg

I feel like the two larger rocks are fighting each other because they are basically the same size. Would it look better to replace one of them with a larger stone?

Does anyone else see the face in the center rock in this pic?

0 Not allowed!
    I prefer the first arrangement. Is there any way of getting a bit more height to the pair on the left? If I were you I'd get a few more of differing shapes - ideally with at least one or two flat-ish ones so you can create a bit of a stack on that right-hand side. You want two sturdy, tallish ones stood on the glass at the bottom of the tank, then one or two on top of them to create a cave. It can be tricky to make it look natural, but it can work. I like the single standing stone on the left as it is and I'm imagining all your shells scattered around them.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    I see the face. To me http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...8&d=1367113426 looks best.

It al depends on what you want. A natural look? Or is this the start of an Iwagumi?

0 Not allowed!
    I'd be moving it away from the window and putting it elsewhere unless you want your blinds closed all the time. I sure wouldn't want to not be able to see outside myself. It would also be nearer to a wall plug if it was moved to a wall area.

The stand looks nice. Good job.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    I see the face. To me http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...8&d=1367113426 looks best.

It al depends on what you want. A natural look? Or is this the start of an Iwagumi?
    It'll be a Tang shellie tank so Iwagumi won't work here. What's needed is a few caves.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lady Hobbs- I think you are referring to the first few pics in this thread? The tank isn't set up in front of the window. That just happened to be an out-of-the-way place to set the stand to take pictures. Once I was ready to get it running I rearranged the furniture and it's now sitting to the right of my tv away from the window...

Everyone- I am considering the "rules" of iwagumi for rock placement. I'm not doing a planted tank, but those rules could help create a sense of balance. I don't think I want more stones- I want to leave plenty of space for the shells. As for caves, these "stones" are actually hollow with holes in them so they technically are caves. I chose to try to hide the openings for a more natural look.

Thanks to all!!

0 Not allowed!
    Ahhh...if they have holes then that's perfect.

Ok, I still vote for Number 1.
    Number 2 is too regimented for my taste.
    Number 3 keeps drawing my attention to the equipment on the right and doesn't make full use of the space available.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I agree. #3 really does make the equipment stand out. And the more I look at #2 the more I think it's a little too "even" side to side. I think I will try playing around with the first arrangement and see what happens... I appreciate the input!!

As for the cycle... I apparently did lose the bacteria. There was a day in between returning the fish and finding pure ammonia. That and a complete tank overhaul appears to have been too much for the BB to handle. So now I wait...
    Last edited by SomethingIsFishy; 04-28-2013 at 07:43 PM.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quick update: Ammonia=1, Nitrite=.25, Nitrate=5 Progress!!!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast