· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Still no drop in Ammonia levels today after 12 days cycle. I wonder if I should just start over by draining the tank and buying some Prime, re-dose with new water and try again. I used NovAqua conditioner before, and I think I also added some API Quick Start in the beginning. Not sure if this would hinder the BB. What do you think?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Limpet View Post
    I wanna see pics of the SpongeBob bubbler in action!
    Here you are!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @flyinfool - I was at my local ace today, and saw the janitorial grade ammonia, but it said 10% ammonia on the bottle. Is that the same one you purchased? I thought we're looking for 100% pure ammonia.

0 Not allowed!
    You can use pure ammonia at any concenration. As long as there are no additives you will be fine
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, same bottle I purchased. I don't know if you can get 100%, that would seem quite potent and dangerous I think. The 10% easily brought the tank up to 3ppm with just a half teaspoon or so.

0 Not allowed!
    I would not start over - sometimes it takes a while for the ammonia to drop. Do you have your heater on? Bacteria grow faster in warmer water.

Remember, you need to wait until your ammonia drops to 0 before you add more - there is also no need to test your pH while the tank is cycling because it will flucuate.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Heater on 82, haven't added one drop of ammonia since day one.

0 Not allowed!
    Just curious - what are you using to test your water? A liquid test kit or strips?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahp View Post
    Just curious - what are you using to test your water? A liquid test kit or strips?
    API liquid test kit

0 Not allowed!
    And you haven't touched your filter?

I know when others have had this same issue, we all try and figure out what could be stalling things. Every tank is different and some take longer than others, but I agree - almost 2 weeks is a bit long to see no drop in ammonia for fishless cycling. I'm wondering whether reducing your ammonia to 2ppm might help? You could try a small water change and see what happens.

It happens that sometimes people dose too high for their tank size and their ammonia never drops.