· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So what do you know about Roseline Sharks?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm considering some Roseline Sharks for my tank. Please take a look at my sig and tell me if you think they would work. Tell me everything else you know about them as well. I'm gonna look on Google while I wait, but I trust you guys more. :)

Thanks!
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    They are large and very active fish. They would fit in a tank that size fine but don't
    You think they may be quite intimidating for the tiny neons, ram and shrimp?

0 Not allowed!
    That is my main concern. I don't want anything to eat anything.
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't kept them myself but based on what I've seen of them, including talking to people who have them, I think they would disrupt your peaceful tank. So +1 to madagascarensis.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    I don't necessarily mean eating, but just by their plain activity and size,roseline sharks may be a bit too much for shy small fish to handle.
    I am not saying you shouldn't try. if we don't constantly do so then eventually aquarium keeping will be like the middle ages, where everyone just accepts what is preached to them
    and any different way of fishkeeping is heresy. however you should have a backup plan if things do't quite work out the way planned.

Awards Showcase

Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    This is great site with a lot of info on your fish: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...42080656,d.cGE
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you steeler! That was a very informative article.

As long as no one is in danger of being eaten, I can handle them being a bit disruptive. Just as long as they don't cause so much mayhem that fish are extremely stressed.

Now the question is---- would I be able to have a school of them and still be able to keep up with the needs of the Discus?? Since they grow to be fairly large I imagine they have a bioload to match.

0 Not allowed!
    I can definitely tell you that putting them with discus would be a big mistake.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    Roseline sharks, like any large barb, are active boisterous fish that can be classified as semi-aggressive. They would not work well with much smaller tetra species or sensitive fish like discus.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Really? I've seen a LARGE amount of Discus tanks with these guys in them. I was just worried about my smaller ones.