· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hey everyone I ended up getting and just intsalled a api rena xp3(xpL) rated up to a 175 gallon fishtank. So now I have a combo of a pengiun 250, 350 (both with bio wheels) & ac70 for hob filters and a fluval 106, 205, and the rena xp3 for canisters (all but the ac70 and xp3 came off the 55 gallon when i transfered everything over). Im almost positive ive gone overkill on my sons 110 wide (not sure if thats the right term its a little longer and taller than the 55 and a little over twice as wide) I'll post pics on my profile when I get a chance I have pics of the whole setup process, but if i have gone beyond overkill on filtration what filters would be best to delete or does that depend on plants, types of fish ect...?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so the filstar xp3 (xpL) has been running for about 24hrs now and so far I am very pleased with the performance. I have only had experience with the fluval canisters b4 this one and like I said so far api seems to have made a very good quality product. I guess I will have to wait and see if after a few months if i still like this as much as i love my fluval 106, & 205 systems. I'm thinking about setting up my old 55 gallon as a community tank and putting a pair of fluval fx5's or 2 of these xp3 cainisters on. any thoughts on a cool community idea for my 55 gallon im open to suggestions

0 Not allowed!
    My thought is that you need to start a seperate thread for your new tank. I also think you need to share a bit of information about what your water is like.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a thread in the oscars I just started tonight I will be posting from there from now on. Ithank everyone for posting advice and suggestions here for me and I hope anyone who can help me further will see my threads in betas and oscars to help further educate myself on becoming a better aquariumist and fish keeper

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    too anyone viewing this thread I have current ones running in plecos, bettas and oscars right now and any and all advice in any of those areas would be awesome and i thank everyone again whos helped me out so far

0 Not allowed!
    I had the penguin 200 on a 10 gallon tank and the 350 on my 29 gallon. I would not count on them doing much for your big tank. They are rated "up to" a certain amount of gallons listed. It doesn't mean they will actually filter that many gallons and certainly not a tank with heavy hitters in it such as catfish and Oscars.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thx lady hobbs, I was wondering if that was true earlier today actually lol, I came to post something about the HOB's in a huge tank and its like you had esp lol thx again lady hobbs, Im still getting the tank turned over at least 10 times an hour that pengium 250 is the smallest filter I have on there and put it on instead of storing it

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Once the new filters are cycled, it would be pointless to run a bunch of far too small filters. Besides the waste of electricity the upkeep is pointless. Good to have two filters, EACH of which could carry the tank so cleaning is safer and in the event of failure, you have time to deal with the issue. No harm in extra small filters but I just of the mind to reduce maintance and cost as a general principle - not in any way as a requirement. My two point three-seven eight cents worth (i.e. $0.02378) ... lol.