· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonflame View Post
    They are able to find food and eat without their barbels
    Not nearly as well though. The fish should survive with a bit of luck but I'd observe it closely to make sure it eats.

Gravel that size... I would not have gone for cories but that's my opinion.

Awards Showcase

For your loss. - steeler1 <3 - Sandz Let's have a toast...TO DISCUS!!! - Slaphppy7 So I don't have to drink alone to celebrate your new discus ;-) - wgoldfarb One more fish for the tank, happy the Discus got thier in such great shape. - steeler1 
    A Toast To An Awesome Discus Owner! - Slaphppy7 For a succesfull Discus move!! - steeler1 A toast to more discus! - Slaphppy7 For another safe arrival! - steeler1 For the loss of you Cory's - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limming View Post
    This doesn't seem likely but do you have an area of the tank where she could have got stuck and lost it? If this just happened and nothing else bothered her then its worth checking out.
    I can't point a finger at anything but will double check just in case.

Awards Showcase

For your loss. - steeler1 <3 - Sandz Let's have a toast...TO DISCUS!!! - Slaphppy7 So I don't have to drink alone to celebrate your new discus ;-) - wgoldfarb One more fish for the tank, happy the Discus got thier in such great shape. - steeler1 
    A Toast To An Awesome Discus Owner! - Slaphppy7 For a succesfull Discus move!! - steeler1 A toast to more discus! - Slaphppy7 For another safe arrival! - steeler1 For the loss of you Cory's - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Not nearly as well though. The fish should survive with a bit of luck but I'd observe it closely to make sure it eats.

I do make sure they are fed wafers in a small dish so hopefully that will help, I will watch to make sure she is eating.

What would you suggest instead of the cories? I have 6 more in my qt but will return/rehome them if my gravel is not suitable. It's petco brand, pea sized and larger but rounded.

On a positive note she is much more active today and swimming with the others.

0 Not allowed!

In the wild, barbels play a much more important role and a cory without them would probably starve. In a tank, the food is highly visible and they are able to find it without too much trouble.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If its a one time injury instead of an ongoing water quality problem, the barbells will grow back.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think I would rehome them right away. If they get used to the sand dish this injury (if it was that) should not happen again. Combined with Aeonflame's valid point.. I'd observe for another two weeks and see what they do.

Pea gravel.. either the cories are really small or your peas are really big. :)

Awards Showcase

For your loss. - steeler1 &lt;3 - Sandz Let's have a toast...TO DISCUS!!! - Slaphppy7 So I don't have to drink alone to celebrate your new discus ;-) - wgoldfarb One more fish for the tank, happy the Discus got thier in such great shape. - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    don't think I would rehome them right away. If they get used to the sand dish this injury (if it was that) should not happen again. Combined with Aeonflame's valid point.. I'd observe for another two weeks and see what they do.

Pea gravel.. either the cories are really small or your peas are really big. :)

Lol! I guess to me it seems like pea gravel to my little cories they must seem like boulders!!!